thiefs makes me sad

raggie33

*the raggedier*
some less then good person stole my helmet at the pawnshop it was out on my bike. the worst parts is i saw him trying to sell it in the same pawn shop i was in lol. i had no idea he was talking about my helmet. it was a super nice orange motorcycle helmet id say the only one like in down here. .i told the pawn people if he sells it just let him go. i can only assume he had some issues .i hope he buys food with what ever he got for it

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish I could be like you. I found the guy that stole my laptop. Drove him to the bank since he volunteered to give me the money to avoid going to jail. Then left him there. I hope he thought about what he did on the walk back home (the bank was 4 miles away), but I'm sure he could care less

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I wish I could be like you. I found the guy that stole my laptop. Drove him to the bank since he volunteered to give me the money to avoid going to jail. Then left him there. I hope he thought about what he did on the walk back home (the bank was 4 miles away), but I'm sure he could care less

i wasn't always this way but now that im a old man i mellowed .what is crazy i ride a motorcycle everyday and just let my helmet sit on bike unlocked and no one took it. but today i was on my scootter to sell it at the pawnshop and while there i took scooter in and left helmet out and it was gone lol. good news i got what i wanted for the scooter .it was to scary to ride down here since it was just a china 50 cc scooter and it was dirt slow. i sold it to get the new ipad mini. but man o man i had no idea how mini it realy was lol

Lumen83

Enlightened
i told the pawn people if he sells it just let him go. i can only assume he had some issues .i hope he buys food with what ever he got for it

If he's anything like the thieves around here its to buy drugs not food. We need to get scumbags like that off the street. Not let them go so they can go on to harm the next person.

Frijid

Enlightened
A few years ago my neighbor had someone steal some of his lawn tools. His zero turn mower was to large to steal, but the siphoned the gas out of it. His camera caught the whole thing. They took the gas cap off, and used a bic lighter to see how much gas was in the tank. They litterely has the flame on and tilting in down towards the neck of the tank. They're lucky the fumes didn't ignite the whole tank. I guess it's one instance where a flashlight could save your life lol.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dang Seattle...you scary.

Sometimes to help make things better for society as a whole, you have to make the tough decisions.

When my son was 4, he stole a stuffed toy from the store we were in. We didn't discover the theft until we got home. Upon discovery, we all hopped back in the car and I met with the manager and arranged a discussion. We all sat there with the manager as he spoke to my son asking why he was there and then he showed him a booklet of offenders that had been arrested at his store etc. He was blunt but honest about the facts, outlining that small thefts lead to bigger ones and told my son point blank that he didn't want my son or his siblings to end up like the people in his book. At the conclusion the manager asked what my son wanted to do next...my son promptly gave back the toy, said he was sorry and that was it. My son (or his siblings) never have a brief thought about stealing and are honest in their dealings. Teaching moments make for a better society.

torchsarecool

Enlightened
Shame about the theft of your helmet. It's hard to judge when you don't know someone's situation. However we do need to uphold law and order to maintain a civilised society. Seems lacking at the moment. But best not get political.
I just got myself a 110 honda scooter. Just for saving money on the commute. But it's great fun. Slow, but enough for me for now.