Flexible LED light ?

T

TSlots

Hello. I'm looking for a LED light that my wife and I can use for nighttime reading. Ideally this would be small, low power (bright enough for reading, but not enough to disturb the other person sleeping), maybe with a long flexible stalk that could be mounted to the headboard of the bed. This could either be battery powered or corded. ( No clip-on the book or headband type lights ).

Anyone know of something like this?

Ted

georges80

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you don't mind a little fabrication - i.e. putting the electronics in a small box and mounting a switch on it. Then I have what I consider a perfect solution for a reading light. It has a great beam and is DIMMABLE. The electronics will run a 1W luxeon (PLENTY for a reading light) from about 4.5V to 20V DC - i.e. just pick up a wallwart that can pump out about 2Watts and plug it in. The first one I built - see pics and info at FlexiLED has been in use for about 4 months now - used every night. The head attaches to Locline and contains the 1W luxeon. The electronics is the uFlex driver.

george.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
ah georges, exactly what I was thinking, omly that you were quicker /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernhard