Surefire M2 help

nmiller

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure if this is the right place for the but.......

I have an old M2. I'm trying to use an M3 head on it. The adaptor I bought will allow the head to attach, but it won't allow the M3 drop ins, led or incan. Has anyone ever used the Lumens Factory c to m adaptor? I'm hoping to use a d36 customlites/nailbender drop in and incan bulbs when I want to. Will the Lumens Factory adaptor do the trick?

Thanks!

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't understand. What good is an adapter that doesn't allow you to use led drop ins or oem/aftermarket bulbs?

nmiller

Flashlight Enthusiast
Exactly. I didn't think of trying my M3t head. That works with an incan bulb. I dont have a led drop in to test with the m3t head. The custom lights module does not with a standard M3 head. I'm guessing the adaptor I have omly works with stock surefire incan bulbs. Will the M3 head and customlites drop in work with a lumens factory adaptor?

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure if this is the right place for the but.......
I have an old M2. I'm trying to use an M3 head on it. The adaptor I bought will allow the head to attach, but it won't allow the M3 drop ins, led or incan. Has anyone ever used the Lumens Factory c to m adaptor? I'm hoping to use a d36 customlites/nailbender drop in and incan bulbs when I want to. Will the Lumens Factory adaptor do the trick?!
I have some C-to-M adapters, from both Leef and LF. They seem to work with most tower lamp assys. The problem however is the length of the positive spring which may not be long enough to touch the cells properly, to complete the electrical circuit.

Unfortunately this is the main problem with using C-to-M adapters. The internal battery chamber is lengthened which means dummy contact spacers MUST be used in conjunction with the batteries installed, for the sake of making effective electrical contact.

Last edited: