Lanyard question for new arrival

340pd

Newly Enlightened
I just received this in the mail and it is a thing of beauty. Malkoff MDC HA 1CR123.
Any clever lanyard suggestions?
Malkoff_MDC.jpg

340pd

Newly Enlightened
I was looking for peoples thoughts on an attachment point other than the pocket clip.

Last edited:

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unless you drill a hole in the tailcap like bxfixer did to a bunch of his lights, maybe just tie it around the body under the clip so that the clip will help keep it from slipping off?

340pd

Newly Enlightened
Unless you drill a hole in the tailcapThis is temporary but it works like bxfixer did to a bunch of his lights, maybe just tie it around the body under the clip so that the clip will help keep it from slipping off?

Thank you,

This is temporary but it will work. This is a very small light and it is easy to drop when pulling from my pocket. Any sort of lanyard will help and I think I am on the right path using a rubber o-ring over the pocket clip to keep any sort of lanyard I come up with from slipping off. I would prefer not to drill into this great light as I appreciate the thought that went into its design.

lanyard.jpg

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Olympus makes wrist lanyards where the cinch cord is very much like wire. Using the method you showed it can cinch onto the clip a bit more positive. If I recal correct I found some at Amazon for $5(?).

What you did should work. Perhaps a wrap of tape (or rubber band) around the cinch point would keep it from sliding forward. Or your o'ring idea is fine.

I drilled a 1/8" hole in the shoulder of a tailcap on mine. Using an enamel paint pen masked the exposed alluminum. On my EDCL2-T I drilled a hole through the clip.
Realizing that's not your desire, I'm just tossing it out there.

Last edited: