am i going to regret this? tablet advice

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i got a iso device with only 3 gigs a ram im a gamer will i be sad in a year?

StarHalo

Flashaholic
RAM in a mobile device = battery use, that's why RAM size isn't usually scrutinized; you want less RAM for more battery life.

A new iOS device will play the newest games for a couple years or so, but each time they release a device with some specific upgrade, there's a slew of new games out just for that upgrade. These are usually the very graphically-intensive large and expensive titles, but the really solid arcade games that anyone can pick up and get into in a few minutes will run on most any device. Geometry Wars 3, Smash Hit, Shooty Skies, etc.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah yeah of course. Apple. The new ipad mini is supposed to be a little beast of a mobile device.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
It is crazy about 10 years ago I was watching a computer show wher they built a 10000 dollar gaming machine it was so cool I wanted it so bad. Lol but now my iPad has a much faster cpu then it had

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The whole PC gaming craze made more sense when the really good/popular games that weren't on consoles were exclusive to computers, but that basically ended in the mid-00's. I wasn't about to buy more hardware and optimize more settings just to play the same games that were standardized for everyone else on consoles, so I got an Xbox 360 when they were relatively new, was much more fun than trying to deal with a PC. The hardcore console games will always be more fun than what can be put on a phone, but there are some very good arcade-style games for the phone as well.

If you don't already know about mirroring, you can wirelessly Airplay connect your device to your TV, which makes the TV the display and the device the controller. I'm going to work out exactly how this is done sometime before the niece and nephews come over next time..

And now Google is introducing a streaming gaming service where you will be connected to a gaming server remotely, the actual game hardware is located elsewhere on the internet - you will only need a controller and a Chromecast on your TV, that will be the complete gaming system.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
The whole PC gaming craze made more sense when the really good/popular games that weren't on consoles were exclusive to computers, but that basically ended in the mid-00's. I wasn't about to buy more hardware and optimize more settings just to play the same games that were standardized for everyone else on consoles, so I got an Xbox 360 when they were relatively new, was much more fun than trying to deal with a PC. The hardcore console games will always be more fun than what can be put on a phone, but there are some very good arcade-style games for the phone as well.

If you don't already know about mirroring, you can wirelessly Airplay connect your device to your TV, which makes the TV the display and the device the controller. I'm going to work out exactly how this is done sometime before the niece and nephews come over next time..

And now Google is introducing a streaming gaming service where you will be connected to a gaming server remotely, the actual game hardware is located elsewhere on the internet - you will only need a controller and a Chromecast on your TV, that will be the complete gaming system.
it is crazy how good graphics are now but I wonder if the game content is good as it use to be

StarHalo

Flashaholic
it is crazy how good graphics are now but I wonder if the game content is good as it use to be

Generally speaking, the newer the console is, the more good games it'll have. With the caveat that I'm partial to the Xbox 360, most everyone agrees MW2 was the best Call of Duty, and I prefer Grand Theft Auto 4 over 5, so if I were doing it today, a used 360 and some used games, plus the online connection to get some of those games, would be the bang for the buck sweet spot. I'll want an Xbox One as soon as Borderlands 3 is out though..

Frijid

Enlightened
Generally speaking, the newer the console is, the more good games it'll have..

I can attest to that. I still have my nostalgia moments when ill pull out my dreamcast or n64 for a little bit, but then go right back to my ps4. I think about the only "old" console I still play heavily is the ps3 for fallout 3 and new vegas and I only use a PC for Oregon trail, the age of empires series and age of mythology series.

One thing that really irks me is the lack of backwards compatibility and when consoles make you want to buy an old game that they are selling for the new consoles. Like I saw that resident evil was offering a sale on 4 and 0 for the new consoles. I'm like if I want to play them, ill dust off my GameCube lol.

I do think that game series are starting to kinda run outta ideas. Take call of duty for instance. They went to space with lasers in one game and back to ww2 in the next. I'd like to see Maybe ww1 or the Korean war touched a little better. Imagine and call of duty civil war game. Just the reload time would be a laugh lol.