Switching Tail Button?

Spyder333

Newly Enlightened
If I wanted to switch the clicky button for a different one, what is the best tool to remove the retaining ring?

The HDS website says to use a pin wrench, but I'm not sure exactly the right type/size to use.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use pointy nose pliers, people recommend snap ring pliers also.
You can see in the picture that there's four indents on the inside edge of the ring. You just have to wedge the tips of the tool in an opposing pair and twist anticlockwise.

hds tail.jpg

It's a very easy process. In a pinch you could use a pair of scissors, if both the tips are pointed.
P

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I wanted to switch the clicky button for a different one, what is the best tool to remove the retaining ring?

The HDS website says to use a pin wrench, but I'm not sure exactly the right type/size to use.

If you live in the States, just use a nickel. Perfect tool for the job. I keep one in my parts bin. It's the cheapest HDS accessory by far. Lol

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
A dime works too if you feel like dropping a little more cash.

Oh, I see you're a high roller. Well, some of us have bills to pay and need to curtail excess spending. That's why I prefer the Executive over the rotary. Why pay $324 for a flashlight when you can get away with paying only $296?

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, I see you're a high roller. Well, some of us have bills to pay and need to curtail excess spending. That's why I prefer the Executive over the rotary. Why pay $324 for a flashlight when you can get away with paying only $296?

Shush.....they'll raise the price. [emoji2958]

Latest posts