4/11/19 Important Update! Cree XHP50.2 Three Volt!! Convoy C8+ 3000 Lumen

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
EDIT: Important update. On 4/5/19 the output and CD (range) testing I did were flawed. The battery in my light meter was very low and I did not catch it until now. This caused the readings I took to be significantly off. After changing the battery in the meter, double checking calibration and retesting the lights I am posting the updated lumen outputs below. I do not have updated CD testing at this time, however because of the meter issue it is likely that those readings were high also. I am unable to change the title or original description in my Ebay Auction listist for the lights, but I added this information to the "edit" section. I greatly apologize for the mistake and any inconvenience this has caused.

Light................Mistake Lumens.............Revised Lumens.......................%Out of wack
Factory C8+.........................998..................................818....................................19.80%
C8+ Mosfet........................1688................................1216....................................32.50%
50.2 Mosfet........................3441................................2991....................................11.00%
50.2 Mos dedome..............2943.................................2581...................................13.10%

Again I am very sorry for any confusion or trouble this has caused!

Matt

Hi all,

The awesomeness of an XHP50.2 is now available in 3 volt, so I thought I'd build out a few lights. This LED is amazing!

What would you like to see this emitter in?

Last edited:

light-modder

Enlightened
Re: Cree XHP50.2 Three Volt!! Convoy C8+ 3000 Lumen

This sounds awesome! Unfortunately every time I click on the video my app shuts down but the video doesn't come up so I'm sure my phone is to blame. I'll watch it later on you tube.

Lumenwolf

Enlightened

I have the same issue (iPhone)

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast

Video works fine for me. Also iPhone.

This is nice to see. Can't wait to start seeing more lights using his led. Is the custom switch you made only for the c8? Will it work with other convoy lights like the s2 or L6?

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Video works fine for me. Also iPhone.

This is nice to see. Can't wait to start seeing more lights using his led. Is the custom switch you made only for the c8? Will it work with other convoy lights like the s2 or L6?

It will only work in these lights because I had to machine out the switch housing to make this work.

lunas

Enlightened

What would you like to see this emitter in?
my hands i am currently shaving down a 22mm 12v driver to stuff into a c8s host to drop a xhp35 hd in it. with the xhp50.2 3v i would be able to toss a much easier to procure mosfet driver in.

light-modder

Enlightened
Mtnelectronics has a 17mm driver that will drive the xph35. I have an xhp35 hi in a c8 right now.

Last edited:

QMT93

Enlightened
Hi,

If I choose my mode as "100% only", how long is the battery life and how hot does it get?

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
On a factory C8 assuming you have a cell capacity of around 3000ma you would get one hour. On the modified version above where the current will be 13.2 amps on a fully charged cell and probly around 9-10 for most of the battery cycle I would say 15 minutes would be a reasonable estimate.