Titanium Two ... Electric Torch-a-roo

archimedes

Flashaholic
wCEtE3o.jpg

Probably good to have a thread to discuss the HDS in Ti ... old and new :)

Johnnyh

Enlightened
I went around looking for "Titanium HDS" and came upon an interest thread from 2015 where Hogo had put out feelers for a Ti Rotary that would cost $1000...the answers were pretty much "Hell No!". How things change!

GoVegan

Enlightened
I went around looking for "Titanium HDS" and came upon an interest thread from 2015 where Hogo had put out feelers for a Ti Rotary that would cost $1000...the answers were pretty much "Hell No!". How things change!

I remember that, pretty sure I didn't comment as I wasn't a HDS owner at the time, but I wasn't interested then and still aren't even if there was a Ti clicky. I think a titanium HDS light is only for collecting and I'm not a collector. While it might not be a popular opinion I also think that HDS Systems should stick with HA aluminum and rather than what I call 'lesser' suitable metals.
It does look pretty though. It wouldn't look out of place clipped to a Jedi's belt next to a lightsaber especially with the older style clip... OK maybe I need one.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, just a long needed break and all my time/money is now invested in my other project (76 F350 crewcab getting a 7.3l powerstroke/4wd, full ground up project for those not aware) my grail truck...maybe i do need to keep the sw45 ti grail to go with it;)

Last edited:

Commodorefirst

Newly Enlightened
Yes, just a long needed break and all my time/money is now invested in my other project (76 F350 crewcab getting a 7.3l powerstroke/4wd, full ground up project for those not aware) my grail truck...maybe i do need to keep the sw45 ti grail to go with it;)

But the high noon ti can move:)

Last edited:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
The stated lack of interest was something I kept trying to convince Henry was not an accurate picture of how much interest there actually would be if the lights were made. So glad it finally happened and that Dan was able to get him to make a lot more than the handful he'd planned on doing.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess that everything that there is to be said about HDS lights has been or is going to be said in the main thread.
Once we've got over saying how shiny these are and how smooth the threads are there won't be much left.
But I'm watching with hope and interest.
P

scout24

Flashaholic
Archi will probably spank me...Warrior, ill send you a pm. Commodore, i replied to yours.I will also send a heads up in the main thread before I make a fs threadSorry Archi, feel free to do any necessary cleaning
I'll leave it to Archimedes to do what he'd like, but feel I have to comment. Knowingly making work for staff here is really a great way to make friends. It's not just Archimedes, when a post gets reported as yours did we all get an email. So now I (and everyone else) gets to decide to jump in or not. It's Archimede's thread. Do I ignore it and let him be the "bad guy"? After all, it's the HDS subforum and we're all friends, right? What's a little rule bending? We have an area for WTS. You need a supporter badge to sell there. If one exception is made, everyone says "but how come so-and-so gets away with it???" You've been here a long time, maybe you should clean it up yourself. :)

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guess we are here all waiting for the Titanium rotaries. When I have my Titanium Rotary my Ti Clicky finally has a friend, and is not alone anymore with al this stupid Aluminium HDS Lights.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interest threads are always a little tricky... it can be like asking a kindergarten class who would like squash for lunch when you are not going to serve everyone squash, just those who want it. There is a choice. Everybody who doesn't want squash feels they need to weigh in when the reality is, all you want to know is who does want squash.

In many ways, it is like me weighing in on the pocket clip thing. To me, pocket clips are like braziers... I've taken several off in my lifetime, never used one, and while I know they are very important to a segment of the population, I just don't have the experience using them to give any valuable input (other than ease of taking it off).

archimedes

Flashaholic
I'll leave it to Archimedes to do what he'd like, but feel I have to comment. Knowingly making work for staff here is really a great way to make friends. It's not just Archimedes, when a post gets reported as yours did we all get an email. So now I (and everyone else) gets to decide to jump in or not. It's Archimede's thread. Do I ignore it and let him be the "bad guy"? After all, it's the HDS subforum and we're all friends, right? What's a little rule bending? We have an area for WTS. You need a supporter badge to sell there. If one exception is made, everyone says "but how come so-and-so gets away with it???" You've been here a long time, maybe you should clean it up yourself. :)

Thanks Scout, and your post above is quoted for truth.

Without wanting to pick on this one particular situation, especially since I know INFRNL well and he has done a lot for CPF, but there have been several situations recently that have me wanting to make a larger point here.

CPF is a place that the "regulars" here enjoy, it is a fun and friendly community, unique and quirky ... and so unlike the anonymous faceless blob of "big social media" now vacuuming up everything online into its infinite maw.

The staff here devote an enormous amount of time, 99% of which is behind the scenes, to try to keep this place the way we all like it. Clean, nice, and pleasant. Free of spam, shilling, advertorial commercials in the wrong place, coarse talk and crude language, and ad hominem personal attacks.

We all enjoy spirited discussion, but few like to see pointed angry mean-sprited arguments. It doesn't take much boundary-pushing to slowly but steadily change the tone of a thread, and eventually an entire forum. If you find yourself thinking "hmmm, should I do this" :poke: then you might already know :shrug:

Please also know that the majority of mod action is taken in response to other members' reports ... not staff initiative. That means it is not mods being critical of you, but your own community.

More and more these days, it seems that any mod comment, an edit, a link removal, a thread move or merge is followed by a flurry of PMs and hurt feelings.

I get it that the regulars care about these things, but so do the staff. Many, even most, situations are an impossible challenge to make everyone happy. We do all this work, as volunteers, simply to try to keep this a place we all want to be.

I would like to ask you all to also help keep CPF the kind of community you enjoy, too.

Thank you for letting me vent a little here :rant: ... among friends lovecpf

Ok, now, where are those Ti Ra Clickies and Ti HDS Rotaries ?

Last edited: