JETBEAM JET-PA12

rhino on INGO

Newly Enlightened
Hi, all!

Does anyone have any experience with the Jetbeam JET-PA12 yet? It's their newer single AA/14500 light with a proper tailcap switch. I really like the size and performance with the 14500, but the light I have has an issue. My older Klarus 14500 batteries (750 mA-hr, micro usb charging port) will not fit in this light! I don't have the same problem with any brand of AA alkaline, AA Ni-MH, other 14500, including a couple of newer Klarus (800 mA-hr, micro usb charging port). Obviously the 750 mA-hr Klarus batteries must be oversized in some way, but the other brands and types of batteries re pretty snug inside of the light.

Has anyone else had this problem, or am I just unlucky with some of my Klarus 14500s?

Ventsi

Newly Enlightened
Hi there,

Can you explain the UI of this light? Does it always start on High, or has memory mode? Forward clicky switch I suppose? Thanks!

BloodLust

Enlightened
Hi there,

Can you explain the UI of this light? Does it always start on High, or has memory mode? Forward clicky switch I suppose? Thanks!

Same question. How's the UI? Is there mode memory?
I prefer on at max, no mode memory.

The XT1A is on my shortlist but the flickering issue seems to be quite common.

Hi, all!

Does anyone have any experience with the Jetbeam JET-PA12 yet? It's their newer single AA/14500 light with a proper tailcap switch. I really like the size and performance with the 14500, but the light I have has an issue. My older Klarus 14500 batteries (750 mA-hr, micro usb charging port) will not fit in this light! I don't have the same problem with any brand of AA alkaline, AA Ni-MH, other 14500, including a couple of newer Klarus (800 mA-hr, micro usb charging port). Obviously the 750 mA-hr Klarus batteries must be oversized in some way, but the other brands and types of batteries re pretty snug inside of the light.

Has anyone else had this problem, or am I just unlucky with some of my Klarus 14500s?
My experience with Klarus 14500 cells is that they typically run 2-3 mm longer than 14500 cells from other brands.
Some sample measurements of cells I have on hand:
AW cells = 50 mm
KeepPower = 51 mm
Efest = 51 mm
Olight = 52 mm
Fenix = 53 mm