Surefire E2D LED Defender issue

Sixgunner

Newly Enlightened
I've owned my E2D Defender for a while. Last night I noticed it was "strobingl on the high setting and normal on the low. After clicking on and off for a while it stopped and started working normal. I started playing with it in the backyard since it was dark. I then noticed that the low beam would no longer come on. I figured it had something to do with the batteries so I put in a fresh set. And still the low beam does not come on. I can click it once get a high beam then click it again but no low beam. Any ideas?

Thanks.

LRJ88

Enlightened
This almost sounds more like contact issues than battery issues, is there any grease or dirt on the contact surfaces inside the tailcap/on the bottom of the body from what you can see?

Sixgunner

Newly Enlightened
It did have some of the original grease on there. I cleaned it up best I could, I still only have a high beam.

LRJ88

Enlightened
It did have some of the original grease on there. I cleaned it up best I could, I still only have a high beam.

You can't feel any difference at all either, such as it being gritty or like something doesn't move smoothly? At this point after that it might be easier to give Surefire a call and ask them about it, mailing them seems rather like it doesn't work properly (i'm still waiting on an answer since a month or so back) and if you're in the US that shouldn't be an issue.