• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Peak Glacier Bay Battery?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
So just got one of these little gems and it's a dam fine light. Now not knowing anything about it and there ain't much I could find on it. Does anyone know what the voltage max is on it? I'm pretty sure it was designed to run off a minimum of 3.7 volts. It will run off of a 3 volt primary but not real bright. When I use the 16340 that came with it she's pretty bright but wondering if I could run it off of two. Anyone?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Rut row ! Ok well I'll get hold of peak and see what's what. Guess 3.7 isn't recommended. But seems to work very well with it. It does NOT like 3 volts. It is very dim.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Now that I'm thinking about it My Pamir is also rated at 3 volts but was told by peak it's much brighter on a 3.7 rechargeable. Pretty sure they can take both. I sent them an email so I'm sure they will know what to do.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Rut row ! Ok well I'll get hold of peak and see what's what. Guess 3.7 isn't recommended. But seems to work very well with it. It does NOT like 3 volts. It is very dim.
Don't forget that particular model may be more than ten years outdated.

Not sure which emitter in that (maybe LuxIII) ?

Your output expectations may have changed over time.

You might have pushed it into direct drive. Might work, for a while. Or not.

Let us know what Peak recommend ....

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Ya it's an oldie. I'm new to peak but one thing I have found is even though they are great lights NO ONE really has any information on them like we do on other light manufacturers. You search for HDS, sure fire Fenix you will be swamped with info. You search for peak glacier bay you get like two hits lol. Thinking of going to the dark web or something. I did find a chart on the thread you gave out and it has all models and battery type and NONE take 3.7 16340. And as I said they actually recommended I use a 3.7 with my pamir to get it brighter. I'll let you know what they say.

Chart says SSC P4 or Lux III in her

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Just saw that. You are right. So my light is what 2008 or so I'm guessing?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Well light is so old peak didn't even know that much about it. Lol but thinks the reason it is not very bright on a 3 volt is a failed capacitor and running it on a 3.7 would be fine. They "think" it was listed as 600cp and not really sure what that is in lumens.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Ok ya I don't think this is right according to my math 600cp is over 7000 lumens! Lol wow what a light!!!!

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Well on a RCR 123 she ran for right around 2 hours at close to full output so not to bad for 10 year old tech.im betting on a primary with the output being as low as it is "I would guess 20 lumens or so" it will run a LONG time.