Xstar VP2 Different from vender to vender?

VAdude

Newly Enlightened
I recently bought a VP2 from two venders, one from Illum.com which despite being told shipped on a Wednesday, shipped the following Tuesday. I ended up buying another one from Amazon and with Prime, I'd got it the next day on Friday before the weekend so I could play with my new Zebralight.

I had a real fiasco with the chargers from Amazon, the first one came in a non-padded envelope DOA. They sent a replacement overnight for Saturday that came the same way and was also DOA. The second one also had damage to the indicator screen. I sent both back. On Monday I got a free replacement from Amazon. The chargers from Amazon all came in a white box without a warranty card or manual. They are supposed to have a scratch off card with a serial that can be verified on Xstar's website for authenticity.

On Tuesday I got the charger from Illum.com which came in a black box (same as the review here), and it had a warranty card and manual. Does anyone know if Amazon is selling counterfeit chargers?

Below is a picture of the two boxes.

vp2.jpg

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor
I recently bought a VP2 from two venders, one from Illum.com which despite being told shipped on a Wednesday, shipped the following Tuesday. I ended up buying another one from Amazon and with Prime, I'd got it the next day on Friday before the weekend so I could play with my new Zebralight.

I had a real fiasco with the chargers from Amazon, the first one came in a non-padded envelope DOA. They sent a replacement overnight for Saturday that came the same way and was also DOA. The second one also had damage to the indicator screen. I sent both back. On Monday I got a free replacement from Amazon. The chargers from Amazon all came in a white box without a warranty card or manual. They are supposed to have a scratch off card with a serial that can be verified on Xstar's website for authenticity.

On Tuesday I got the charger from Illum.com which came in a black box (same as the review here), and it had a warranty card and manual. Does anyone know if Amazon is selling counterfeit chargers?

Below is a picture of the two boxes.

vp2.jpg

Hi friend,

I can confirm that these are all XTAR products. The product packaging of XTAR has been replaced with the new packaging in white, which is the upgraded new packaging.:D

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The OP said...
"The chargers from Amazon all came in a white box without a warranty card or manual. They are supposed to have a scratch off card with a serial that can be verified on Xstar's website for authenticity".
That was why I asked.
P

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor
The OP said...
"The chargers from Amazon all came in a white box without a warranty card or manual. They are supposed to have a scratch off card with a serial that can be verified on Xstar's website for authenticity".
That was why I asked.
P

The scratch card is on the outside of the package, not in the warranty card or manual. We usually put the scratch card behind the box.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, there we are.
Thank you so much for the clarification.
I'll also say thank you on behalf of the OP, as it doesn't look like he's going to contribute anything else to this thread.
P

Last edited: