Klarus        
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do You Always Have a Flashlight On Your Person?

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Do You Always Have a Flashlight On Your Person?

At least one, but normally 5 with 3 of them being “real” lights. An OR E series wasp, a TNC XHP70 mule, and an ultra lux copper dragon. The Duluth BurlyFlex pants lend themselves to carrying the 7 I have in them at the moment quite nicely.

I always have one in my jeans or shorts, my trust lumintop toolVN.

They let you bring a flashlight into surgery???

Have 2, Olight R50 and H2R

Once my Olight s1 mini comes in it will be my EDC. I can't wait!

Always a pen, pocket knife and flashlight within reach - lately a Olight S2R II Baton.

On my person when I'm out of the house, yes. I almost always have two keychains (house, vehicle) each of which has a small flashlight on it. The work backpack I carry on weekdays has additional lights.

In the house, not so much so. I'm close enough to the entire household stash and can briefly navigate that darkness if I lose power.
    I apologize that this letter is so long; I did not have time to write a short letter

For Me, not in the house, I carry 3 things, Knife, Flashlight, Tactical Pen Everyday
    In my House, I'm carrying Flashlight always (Hide in my waist) Some time "E1L, E2D, SRT3"wait for E1D
    When going to the Toilet sometimes not turn on light, use flashlight beam shot on a ceiling
    I Love King Bhumibol Adulyadej
    Your forever follower & Always Our Beloved King.

I usually have 3 lights on me, on olight i1r always on my neck, except when I'm taking a bath, which the is a waterproof ust splash light, also 1 of the bulbs of the bathroom has a battery inside. I also carry 1 aaa powered light, a thrunite or an Oligth and a Klarus xt11s on my belt. Sometimes I have a pl mini 2 on my pocket as a backup to the backup, to the backup 😁 and other lights on my pocket. In my car I'm not sure how many I have, at least 4, between them some cheapo lights for when they asked me for a light. In my night stand at least 2, even though I sleep with the I1r on my neck.

I remembered a more recent story . . .

A few years ago at my former place of work, power outages were not uncommon. Much the chagrin of some of the employees, they learned that the restrooms on our end of the building did not have emergency lights, so they had to make the trek to the other end where the restrooms did have lights. Security even told us we could not use the restrooms without lights and posted signs. I, however, was not as helpless. I would ignore the signs, and then click one of my lights on and prop it so it hit a wall or the ceiling and I had plenty of light to conduct my business.

I always have a flashlight on me (except in bed or the shower), but usually three. My go to light is my Zebralight SC600w Mk III HI, carried clipped to my right pocket. My second one is the Zebralight H600Fw Mk III, carried in my left pocket. In addition to those, I also carry a Massdrop titanium AAA light on my keychain. I use both Zebralights throughout the day at work and whenever I need to see something in a dimly lit area when off work. I've carried at least one light on me for around 10 years or more, but started carrying 3 in the last 3-5 years.
    Last edited by srvctec; 04-14-2019 at 06:44 PM.

Flashaholic*

Yes, three and a back-up.
    --Jason--
    #67/#39

Flashaholic*

Always carry at least one a light and a SAK when away from home. The only exception is if I am in a hurry and forget, happens occasionally. I still have a Photon on my keys though even if I do forget my EDC light and of course a few lights in the car for back up.
    I respectfully reserve the right to purchase yet another light......

Always three. Main EDC has been a Nitecore EA11/14500, but I may be replacing that with the new Lumintop GT Micro. I will have to test carry it for a while before deciding. I have a Nitecore TIP CRI on my keychain, and wither a Streamlight Microstream or Lumintop Tool AA 2.0 just for fun. If I think I might be needing more omff I would swap out the main EDC for a Nitecore P30 or Lumintop GT Mini. I've also got Lumintop Tool AAAs and/or Nitecore Tubes in my various bags and BOBs.
    Remember, Two is One, and One is None!.

I manage a large venomous snake collection inside a building so I always have a flashlight in my pocket. If there is a power cut, there is back-up lighting but it isn't as bright as the main lights. I use a flashlight to look inside hide boxes to see where / what snakes are doing. I also use a flashlight at indoor shooting ranges (I'm a NRA Range Officer), to make sure guns are clear.

I also subscribe to the "one is none" thinking so I typically carry a Zebralight SC80, Malkoff MD2 and a Oveready Z35.

If i'm awake and dressed, I will be carrying the above mentioned flashlights, Rick Hinder Extreme Duty & Investigator pens, 3 keybars, Spyderco, Victorinox penknife and a SOG or Leatherman multitools.

I used to only carry a flashlight if i knew i FOR SURE was going to need it but now i have smaller EDC lights that are more pocketable and just starting to EDC now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotherps1 View Post
    I manage a large venomous snake collection inside a building so I always have a flashlight in my pocket. If there is a power cut, there is back-up lighting but it isn't as bright as the main lights. I use a flashlight to look inside hide boxes to see where / what snakes are doing. I also use a flashlight at indoor shooting ranges (I'm a NRA Range Officer), to make sure guns are clear.

I also subscribe to the "one is none" thinking so I typically carry a Zebralight SC80, Malkoff MD2 and a Oveready Z35.

If i'm awake and dressed, I will be carrying the above mentioned flashlights, Rick Hinder Extreme Duty & Investigator pens, 3 keybars, Spyderco, Victorinox penknife and a SOG or Leatherman multitools.
    I like your style, brother, but I think I'd have a bit more in a pit full of vipers. Times two on the lights, times three on the knives, plus one on the machete, plus two on the flame thrower, the hand grenades, and the machine guns. Who's got the kevlar?
    “May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.”
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    I like your style, brother, but I think I'd have a bit more in a pit full of vipers. Times two on the lights, times three on the knives, plus one on the machete, plus two on the flame thrower, the hand grenades, and the machine guns. Who's got the kevlar?

I, too, subscribe to the "one is none" philosophy. I have at least one light on me - usually a keychain light or a SF Titan Plus - and a bored C2 in my courier bag. If I'm going out for the evening, I will usually have my ZL SC600 IV Plus in my jacket pocket.

As a fire warden in my office building, it's usually an uneventful but, sadly, a necessary job these days... But, I did have one instance when I did have to use my flashlight. On day a few years ago, the fire alarm went off in the building. I thought it was just a drill but, as usual, I grabbed my bored SF 6P w/ M60W (my edc at the time) and did my usual sweep then headed to the staircase. Lo and behold, someone came running up to me in a panic and told me there was smoke in the other staircase.

I made my way over, tested the door and doorknob for heat, opened the door slowly to see the stairwell full of a gray haze and heard people above me in the stairwell in a panic. I tasked the first person coming down the stairs with checking the other staircase to confirm it was clear, then pulled out my 6P, shone it up the side wall and told people to come to my voice. The person I tasked did not return so I started gathering people on my floor's hallway, tasked another person with keeping them there and I quickly went to confirm the other staircase was clear. After confirming, I returned and told everyone to make their way to the other staircase. After waiting and redirecting 2 more groups of people, I then took a pause to assess what was going on. It was a heavy gray, wet haze coming from a lower level but it wasn't smoke.

Turns out, a pipe burst in the basement level and steam just shot up 10 floors in the stairwell of the building. Perhaps, that was very lucky for us.

But, after that, it showed me that I need to always have at least 1 flashlight - and preferably 2 - on me.
    SF 6P, E1e, E2e, C2, M2, M3, Z2, HDS60GT, Zebralight 600W MKIV., EDC rotation: Nitecore TIP, Lumintop Geek, MecArmy PT16, SF Titan Plus, Jetbeam RRT-0, SF E1e w/ Tana Nichia B219 TripLED

Always have a Olight S15R Baton, Fenix E3UE and an old Fenix 1AAA with a lithium primary battery on my person. I have 4 other flashlights* in my shoulder bag with spare batteries for all.
    * Foursevens Quark Turbo QB2L-X, Nitecore SRT7 Revenger, Fenix LD01 polished stainless and 5.11 ATAC PLx.
    I need to find room for a couple more.

Yes, I carry a ZebraLight SC64c LE, this Zebra replaced a EagleTac D25A clicky as my EDC for a couple years.
    Fenix TK50,TK41,TK40,L2D,L1D,L0D,LD01,LD41,LD20,LD15,LD1 0,LD05,HP10,HP15|ZebraLight SC51,SC62w,SC600w,SC600Fd,SC64c LE,SC700d,SC53Fc|EagleTac D25A,D25A2,MX25L3C,T25C2,D25LC2|Nitecore TM16,EAX,MT1A,MT2A,EZ AA,IFD2,T5s,D4|47's Mini AA,AA²,"X"AA²,Pro QPA| List of Lights

Usually not when I'm at home or sleeping because I have lights within easy reach.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

At least 3 on me, more if I have my bag or am in my truck. 24/7 a coo yoo on a silver chain around my neck even in the shower or pool.
    c
    Chris

In the house, no -- lights are too easily accessible

In the fields (or outside the house) -- three (two in trouser pockets, one holstered), plus a Swiss Army knife or plier tool. Already some around me have complained that's too much......

Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    Ahhhh, but I actually love working with our snakes.... wouldn't want to harm them. Besides, they are only dangerous if you let them bite you, the skill is in not getting bitten

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by yazkaz View Post
    In the house, no -- lights are too easily accessible

In the fields (or outside the house) -- three (two in trouser pockets, one holstered), plus a Swiss Army knife or plier tool. Already some around me have complained that's too much......
    Once I explain that my backups is also loaners they no longer give me trouble.

--flatline

Quote Originally Posted by flatline View Post
    Once I explain that my backups is also loaners they no longer give me trouble.

--flatline
    Why would anyone else care how many lights you carry?

Flashaholic*

I have no idea, but the flashlight consistently gets more reaction than the knife, space pen, and notebook.

Quote Originally Posted by AVService View Post
    Why would anyone else care how many lights you carry?
    Quote Originally Posted by flatline View Post
    I have no idea, but the flashlight consistently gets more reaction than the knife, space pen, and notebook.
    Do what I do. Tell them no matter what time it is, it's always dark somewhere close-by.

And yes, almost always, except in my home. I hate having pretty much anything in my pockets.
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Yes, a BLF GT and Q8. Shoulder straps are my friend.

In reality, no. I don’t need one during my regular day. Evening, yes.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Johnson View Post
    Yes, a BLF GT and Q8. Shoulder straps are my friend.

In reality, no. I don’t need one during my regular day. Evening, yes.
    You don't need one during your regular day.... UNTIL YOU DO!?!?!?! Lol. I imagine we are a little obsessive about many things typically so I am giving you a hard time for the fun of it.

Also, I am glad there are insane people, I mean herpetology experts so I don't have to deal with snakes. I have a LEAVE THEM BE philosophy unless Cottonmouth or Rattler is in my yard with my animals.

Also number 2, What are you fellas hanging your "neck lights" on?

Everyday! I carry a Lumintop Price Mini, Small Sebenza and a Fellhoelter pen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast