Klarus        
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do You Always Have a Flashlight On Your Person?

Default Re: Do You Always Have a Flashlight On Your Person?

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    First we're going to take over the Starbucks on the corner and give the beverage sizes proper names........
    My hero!! Lol

I think they call the sizes by different names to tell who is new or doesnít go often. Like a (not so) secret password for the club. The coffee thread corrupted me and I make my own but I was alway so annoyed when I went to the store in between EMS runs and they quizzed me on their terminology... just give me a large coffee!!

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    I took over the main class. I've banded everyone together. First we're going to take over the Starbucks on the corner and give the beverage sizes proper names. Tomorrow?........
    The venti has always bothered me. I get that its 20 oz but "venti" doesn't go with short, tall, or grande. Now if the sizes were otto, dodici, and sedici.............

Sizes will now be "child," "Regular," "Fiend," and "Awake for Days."
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

I have a light on me when I leave home or it gets dark out and I'm not at home. When I'm home my room around my computer is lit by USB powered LED modules hooked to a 2x18650 power bank that runs for around 2 weeks on a charge with a second power bank sitting close by to swap in when the first one dies. I also don't have a light on me when mowing the yard due to I wear worn out clothing and shoes that get dirty and grass stained and sweaty. I used to have a keychain light but lost my keys and replaced it with a lumintop EDC that had issues with the head coming off and got lost. I have a UK 2AAA eled that I modded with a 5mm module for direct drive that has 2 L92s in it as backup for my LD01SS that is gone now (lost). When I'm going out to the garage or outdoors or out of range of the trip from bedroom to bathroom to kitchen I don an 18650 headlamp.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Asian night at the Hilton means carry an Asian made flashlight to the cafeteria.

Ya never know when it's lights out in London these days.
    John 3:16

Always wanted to see the UK. Closest Iím probably ever going to get is watching top gear😃
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

When dressed, this is always on my person.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    ... it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, It's what you leave behind you when you go.

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    Always wanted to see the UK. Closest Iím probably ever going to get is watching top gear😃
    Same here. Closest I'll ever likely get is the mention the title to a UFO song from the late 1970's.
    But if I make it there I'll probably have at least a couple of flashlights (err uh torches) with me.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 05-16-2019 at 06:59 AM.

I wore a Thrunite T3 (TI3?) twisty on a cord as a necklace for about a year and that worked well, gave it away and never replicated it.
    I always have a Zebralight 600 clipped in a front pocket of my pants, if I can find my pants I've got light. If I can't find my pants and shoes, then my entire system has broken down and all bets are off.
    The brighter the light, the darker the shadow.

Unenlightened

I have always in my backpack a Surefire aviator 2017 RED, and a Surefire L1 Lumamax,and 4 CR123A just in case :-)

If I owned a person, I would equip him with some cool flashlights.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    TM36 Lite | Vish's ThruNite TN36UTVN | Olight S1-Cu Baton Raw Copper | Olight S1-Cu Baton Exclusive Raw SS Copper

Quote Originally Posted by trailhunter View Post
    If I owned a person, I would equip him with some cool flashlights.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    10/10 for this one :-)

Went outside after dinner to have a smoke. Which flashlight do I carry?

Opted to go lightless figuring the sun probably won't suddenly shut off and if it did my problems are a helluva a lot worse than being flashlightless right now.

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Went outside after dinner to have a smoke. Which flashlight do I carry?

Opted to go lightless figuring the sun probably won't suddenly shut off and if it did my problems are a helluva a lot worse than being flashlightless right now.

That's a gift. The whole thing is about loss and acceptance.

I'll be good , back on thread topic...

Used a Tekna Splash -Lite to reset a cabin circuit breaker on a yacht of a occasional neighbor . Extreme wealth and not a working flashlight to be found.....

Then he is a very poor man indeed.

*Flashaholic*

I have multiple layers of redundancy - first there is the EDC light, sometimes Surefire G2x Pro, usually some Malkoff.. Hound Dog 18650 is a common guest.

I just installed a Maglite Solitaire onto the keyring, it's the 47 lumen LED one. Perfect for that role.

the last layer of redundancy is my phone has a built in flashlight app. Very convenient. It's all flood now but *much* better than nothing at all. And the phone has an extended battery that runs for 2 days.

Because I always have my phone with me and my keyring with me, it's a safe assumption I always have a light with me. That doesn't even include the EDC.
    ****** Malkoff Devices ****** ďLearn to light a candle in the darkest moments of someoneís life. Be the light that helps others see; it is what gives life its deepest significance.Ē ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Damn Right I do ! ! !

_

I have carried a pocketknife almost every day for several years. I used to have a Maglight Solitaire on my keychain. Recently I have vowed to carry this little Fenix aaa light, or something else like it, every day henceforth.

Not really. Only when I'm at work (security). Besides that just use my phone if I need one...

Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck. View Post
    Not really. Only when I'm at work (security). Besides that just use my phone if I need one...

Your, your phone?

Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck. View Post
    Repent or be

Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Glass houses CG. Glass houses....

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Glass houses CG. Glass houses....

OH! That cellphone usage I posted about ...... I was just foolin about. Yeah. That's the ticket. Yeah.
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

I use mine to spot my night stand flashlight pretty regular. I chose a particular background on the phone screen to put out a nice gentle color when the screen lights up.

Flashlight feature on my phone? I don't even know how to turn that thing on. But I did set it where three tomahawk chops will turn on the flashlight for those absolutely, positively have no other option times.

One evening I was helping my son seal a leaking windshield on his car. While teeth holding a microstream my spit crept into the tail cap. Zzztt zzztt, darkness. Turn on my Coast HP1 and the low voltage thing on the battery engaged. Whip out a PK light...low voltage turned that one to sub firefly. Celphone it is. A 5 minute job was completed in seven thanks to 3 dead lights and was completed thanks to my smartphone flashlight.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 06-04-2019 at 09:16 PM.

This last page got a legit LOL out of me. This has turned into one of the funnier threads I've seen on a gear forum. Too bad I'm one of those stodgy serious types. I just came back to share that I replaced the 1xAAA Astrolux A01 on my key ring with a 1xAA L10 with Nichia from L3 Illumination.

If anyone wants my old Astrolux A01 and lives in the continental United States, PM me a shipping address.
    ---EDIT: Item has been claimed! Thanks, everyone. I'm glad to give it a good home, instead of "permanently retired to a drawer".---
    Last edited by Cosmodragoon; 06-06-2019 at 08:44 AM.

Omg 😂 if it makes you feel better I never need one?

Flashaholic

Thatís my kind of security job!

I only ever regret not having a light on me when I need it. Iíve never been upset about having one with me and not needing it...
    I'd love to shed some light on that for you

Not always. Sometimes I forget and sometimes I choose not to carry. Do always carry one when I'm outside during the evening/night and when I'm on day trip.

Certainly at work I always have my reliable old BO1Xtar by my side, as my work entails crawling around in household roof spaces, lofts, attics etc, and then the lights in glove boxes etc, but I donít always have one holstered on my belt when not at work.

It has five brightness levels on a rolling program, but you can create a solder bridge on anyone of them, on the driver board, for a single level only light, which i've done. Max only and a mighty 250 - 300 lumens, from memory.
    Last edited by harro; 06-14-2019 at 05:38 PM.

Always a Zebralight on me, or more. Especially while Iím in China doing inspection work, as the factory has sudden blackouts, irregular floor, zero safety concerns and I have broken my foot here a few months ago, while walking on dimly lit places with bad floor. Only this week, there were two blackouts.
    The darkness is afraid of us.
    Flashlights are cheaper than therapy.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast