Acebeam X45 - 2 months old and defective

RonNL

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and looking to hear about your opinions on my situation with my defective Acebeam X45 flashlight.

I'll write down the overview of the situation.

-December 8th 2018 I purchased the Acebeam X45 on Amazon (179 EUR)
[FONT=&quot]-February 13th I got in contact with you about my flashlight being defective and showed them a video of the issue

Acebeam requested me to send the head of the flashlight to China.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-February 16th I've send as requested the head of the flashlight to Acebeam in China. I've used the cheapest post method, without tracking code. (18 EUR)

Time passed by and my light didn't arrive.

Acebeam requested me to send the head of the light. So if it would get lost. Is that my risk? Or their risk?

I just wanted to have back a working X45. So I asked Acebeam what they could do for me. Since I already showed them that my X45 was defective. I thought that even if my light went missing in post, they could replace my light.

They said the best they could do is give me a discount. So, I had to buy a new light again. This time directly from Acebeam. The price would be 115.90 USD. I requested them to use the Amazon system to avoid extra import duties. They refused and said that they would write down a low value on the box, so that I don't have to pay import duties. I don't think the offer was correct. Asking me to pay again for the flashlight. But I didn't see any other option. So I paid the 115.90 USD.

Then, my new light was send. And guess what. Now I got a message about import duties. I'm requested to pay another 47.16 EUR.

Now I've send Acebeam an e-mail that I don't agree with this.

-179 EUR for the initial purchase
-18 EUR for sending the defective head of the light to china
-115.90 USD for buying a new light again
-47.16 USD import duties

This is not the kind of service I expect on an high quality flashlight.

I'm awaiting the answer of Acebeam on my last email, to see what they do about the import duties.

Please, could you guys share your opinion on this situation?
[/FONT]

RonNL

Newly Enlightened
And here is the video to explain the issue my flashlight had:

kj75

Enlightened
Did you check the voltage of the cells with a multimeter?
Sometimes chargers can show batteries are full but your multimeter will show 0.0 because of PCB-protection.

Henk4U2

Enlightened
But a renowned quality company like Acebeam won't just take your money, leave you with the pieces and keep schtum. Won't they?

Edit: Have you had any meaningful contact since?

Last edited:

Xterra123

Newly Enlightened
I don't believe Amazon sells Acebeam directly. You purchased your light from a vendor who sells through Amazon. I would strongly suggest you contact the vendor for assistance.

Henk4U2

Enlightened
I don't believe Amazon sells Acebeam directly. You purchased your light from a vendor who sells through Amazon. I would strongly suggest you contact the vendor for assistance.

You are probably right but that would be a matter of: should have, could have. RonNL is already in contact with Acebeam. And since that moment the whole deal has gone from bad to worse for him. He has returned parts with a low declared value, and they got "missing". And they returned a new part with a high declared value, and he got slapped by Customs. I wish him luck.