[Feeler] Pelican M3/M6-series replacement rubber boot clone

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have revisited the said lights since 2017 and have been working and testing on them since. They're nice and durable lights that can take a beating. But they've become so underrated because the rest of the crowd have embraced the Surefire 6P etc. instead, also due to lack of parts support on the Peli system (until around 2018).

Anyway Pelican's CS on these classic lights are deplorable. The weakest link seems to be the rubber switch boot, which would wear out or break after prolonged use. Already some CPFers have expressed interest before in getting spares......

Unfortunately the bad news is that, Peli has allegedly run out of parts for these lights and is unable to provide any boot replacements. This prompts me into considering having clones made, but I've been told the investment would be quite high, and that I won't be making good revenue out of this...

So I'd like to ask: how many of you folks are still using these lights? I mean, the M1/M3/M6 in both incandescent or LED drop-in variants? How many of you have had the boots worn out but couldn't request for replacements? And, should I just go ahead with the cloning route?

The resulting clone would be a faithful reproduction of the original black boot, will be constructed of high-grade silicone, and will be available in (at least) black and GID green.

Anyone interested? Feedback appreciated...

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yazkaz, look up my thread on custom boots. I made a 2-part epoxy mold, and used curable silicone to create the boots.
They are wearing well, after about 6 months. I think it was about $100 in materials to start.
edit: found the link:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/v...Silicone-boot-from-scratch-round-3&highlight=
Yeah thanks for reference but I need a much more reliable and professional source to have the boot made -- and of impeccable quality

The boot clone is not just for my personal use but also for offering (read: selling) to those who are in need.

So any hobby-like approach to boot cloning is a NO-NO unfortunately