Long Range headlamp with two modes flood and focus

zillah2004

Newly Enlightened
Dear Experts

What do you recommend for a headlamp that has a long range ( 300 m max ,,,more don't mind) and with two modes flood and focus ? obviously bright

Preferable LED but not must

Prices range up to $150 little bit more no issue.

Something similar to thrunite tn42 but it is not headlamp

xxxx://thesurvivallife.com/the-best-throw-flashlight.html#toc-1-thrunite-tn42-ut-thrower-flashlight

Regards

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The problem with headlamps is that they are meant to be lower profile and not bulky as this adds to weight. As a result they usually have shallow type reflectors lending to shorter range. The deeper the reflector, the bigger the light unit overall.

If you went with the Thrunite TH10 V2 you could reach out to 300m.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Vinh's HC33vn is the best you are going to do, spec 2- 28kcd/ 330~m of throw.

https://skylumen.com/collections/v5...-thrower-of-headlights?variant=13075879591959

You are being a bit unrealistic in terms of comparison. The TN42 is an EXTREME dedicated thrower, getting a headlamp with that size reflector is nigh-on-impossible. That kind of setup is not as feasible as it is on a regular hand-held.

ESPECIALLY if you are asking for a flood/ focusing light, which I would steer you away from regardless.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dear Experts

What do you recommend for a headlamp that has a long range ( 300 m max ,,,more don't mind) and with two modes flood and focus ? obviously bright

Preferable LED but not must

Prices range up to $150 little bit more no issue.

Something similar to thrunite tn42 but it is not headlamp

xxxx://thesurvivallife.com/the-best-throw-flashlight.html#toc-1-thrunite-tn42-ut-thrower-flashlight

Regards
sorry, not happening.
zoom headlamps are not powerful enough to illuminate at 300m, i can't think of any practical headlamp, that fits your criteria. you can get great headlamp, but it will not shoot that far, you may get a separate small light that can illuminate at 300m (illuminating is very different than just seeing a beam at the distance) , and attach it on the side of the headband of your headlamp.

however, i think it is possible to build a headlamp that meets your requirements, if you can find someone wiling and able to make one.

Last edited:

zillah2004

Newly Enlightened
The problem with headlamps is that they are meant to be lower profile and not bulky as this adds to weight. As a result they usually have shallow type reflectors lending to shorter range. The deeper the reflector, the bigger the light unit overall.

If you went with the Thrunite TH10 V2 you could reach out to 300m.
Yes the comparison with 1500 m is not the right one
I am fine with 300 m but I prefer with flood and focus modes

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spike Lights. Made by forum member aHorton. Exactly what you're looking for. Google it.

Interesting design. Flood and throw in one aluminum assembly, powered by 2 18650 cells in another aluminum assembly on the back of the head. I found the web page to be vague however with no real specifications on any of the models other than some graphs and photos of beam shots. The automatic waiting list and starting price of 3 Benjamins might be an obstacle for some.

Last edited:

samsavvas

Newly Enlightened
I would concur re the Spikelight - it's ideal for long distance and likely exactly what the OP is looking for (there are some great pics at the website). Very lightweight and compact as well and high quality build. I use mine for observing bats at night! Ashleigh (I think that's his name) is a one-man operation I think - email him if you find the website wanting and need more information! I would also strongly encourage a close look at Lucifer Lights. I have their 'S' model with a medium flood lense. I find it outstanding for general head lighting duties and the quality of design, construction and support is absolutely outstanding as is the value for money. I'm not sure which one you'd use for a 300M beam - maybe the M5 with a narrow lense... Email Petr and ask him! Both of these manufacturers are small-scale. They come from orienteering and outdoor sports backgrounds and their products are quite specifically focussed on particular sport-related uses.

Last edited: