MecArmy CPL Watchband light questions

ch4ins4w

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have experience with the MecArmy CPL watchband light? I love wearing a watch and the Surefire/Luminox light looked pretty cool, but way too bulky. Sometimes I wear a watchband compass. Is this light a lot bigger? Is it durable and reasonably waterproof? Can you actually use a light beam projected from your wrist? Thanks.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
By looking at the website and YouTube, I found the dimensions and it's 1" x 1.1" x 3/4" makes it a little bigger than a compass but much smaller than a men's watch face.
Wrist mounted lights are fun but it should be top of the wrist or bottom in my opinion, it appears bright enough and plenty of modes. If your just unsure of its utilitarian purpose, there are affordable wrist lights made in China that reach a similar max brightness of near 200 lumens. Or hook a 1aaa light on your watch strap and see if light off your wrist suits your needs.

edit: For how many lights I carry and how precise most mecarmy products are, it's price would be the only factor in whether I'd buy one of these.

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
It's actually a lot thicker then a mans watch isn't it? 3/4". That's pretty thick

Dubois

Enlightened
I have one of these that I wear on a Casio Pro Trek watch. Fits surprisingly well, and is roughly the same thickness. Doesn't feel uncomfortable at all, or get in the way, and I'd forgotten about it when I went out for a walk. Useful little light too - being on the wrist, facing forward, works very well.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's actually a lot thicker then a mans watch isn't it? 3/4". That's pretty thick

Thats including the part that goes over the strap, of the watches I own, I have one watch that is thicker than 3/4 inch. But that's my going out watch not a work watch