Flashlight cases...

VAdude

Newly Enlightened
Do any of you transport or store your flashlights in cases like Pelican, Seahorse, Monoprice, Nanuck?

I'm looking for a small case to store my Zebra HD600d MkIV, 3-4 ZL-635 batteries, Xstar VP2 charger, AC power cord, car charger and headband. Would be nice is there's a little extra room for a future Zebra (non-headlamp). I like the size of the Pelican 1170 but after tracing all the pieces on paper, I don't think it will fit. I think the 1200 or 1400 are to big.

I would consider a soft case provided it has some padded protection.

What kinds of cases do you guys have or recommend?

VAdude

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestions, but the 1500 is far, far to big and the 1060 isn't large enough for the VP2.

Mr. LED

Enlightened
How big is the VP2 and the car charger?

I guess the 1150 and 1170 should fit everything. I use a 1120 case which is smaller, and store 10 Zebralights in two layers of foam with cutouts.

VAdude

Newly Enlightened
How big is the VP2 and the car charger?

I guess the 1150 and 1170 should fit everything. I use a 1120 case which is smaller, and store 10 Zebralights in two layers of foam with cutouts.

According to Xstar's site: L 5.314" x W 2.7" x H 1.4" ... the power cord plug I think is 1" high and 1.5" wide and the car cable, probably no more then 1.5" long and could be coiled up together with the AC cable in a 4" x 4" square cutout. Maybe smaller. I'll check exact dimensions when I get home.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I did recently put together an emergency car lighting kit consisting of a Fenix PD35 Tac. model, all the accessories for it, and a 2AAA Princeton Tec headlamp. Used the hardshell case on Fenix's website. Nothing special. Definitely not as good as a Pelican one. But gets the job done.