Right angle flashlight for Fire Investigator

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
There are a lot of 18650 right angle lights that are also used as headlamps that would fit the bill. You just need a large enough pocket clip for them. I think a few of them even offer built in micro usb ports for charging the battery. I personally have a Wowtac A2S and it uses special 18650 batteries that have built in charger (in the battery itself) you just plug a micro usb cable in the port but you can also get separate usb chargers for the batteries to plus into a USB port or 12v USB adapter. I would probably also recommend a neutral white LED also as it helps to render colors better than cool white and some even like warm white better than neutral.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I really like the First Light Tomahawk but their interface can be confusing until you get the hang of it. The Torq appears to be the easiest to get used to yet can do multiple things by using varying areas of the thumb depending on what you want to accomplish.

Great tactical lights. At their site they show a camping fellow on the Torq page.

Last edited:

J_C_S

Newly Enlightened
Thank you all for the input! It doesn't need to be NFPA compliant but does need some degree of water protection.

Those first lights seem awesome but way too expensive for me.

Im thinking a headlamp light would work. Zebra light has so many models it's hard to tell the difference in them for the flashlight illiterate like me.

Mr. LED

Enlightened
Zebralight H600Fw Mk IV uses 18650 batteries giving you plenty of runtime and frosty lens for a floody beam. The clip allows you to clip to the jacket, but it also comes with a headband.

GoVegan

Enlightened
Firstly the Streamlight Protac 90 is not designed for use with a NiMH battery so therefore not rechargeable and doesn't meet your requirement.

Rather than some other general EDC brands, I'd recommend sticking to lights designed your your job and application, and with a good warranty.

For your usage I'd recommend:

Streamlight VANTAGE 180 X USB/VANTAGE 180 X FLASHLIGHT
https://www.streamlight.com/en/products/detail/index/vantage-180-x-usb-vantage-180-x-flashlight

or one of the rechargeable right angle lights from:
https://www.baycoproducts.com/product/intrinsically-safe-angle-lights

As mentioned above Pelican is another good brand for your line of work.

You should also consider a small 2xAAA length penlight from one of the above 3 companies as a backup too.

Last edited: