Wuben        

Thread: Unable to reset password.

Default Unable to reset password.

Good evening,

I am trying to log into my account via an IPad, but I am unable to recover my password. System states email not found. Any assistance?

Default Re: Unable to reset password.

You can go to the log in screen and have a Password Reset email sent if you can't remember the old one.

How are you logged in to post this thread?

Can't you go to your profile while you are logged in right now and check that your email address is correct and change your password from your control panel?

This kinda doesn't make any sense

I never logged out of CPF on my phone. When I go into my profile, I need my current password to change my email address. Is there a panel I can see the email address that is linked to this account?

Flashaholic*

Default Unable to reset password.

If you are on the app you need to go into web view to be able to see what they are referring to.

If you are on the app you need to go into web view to be able to see what they are referring to. You DO NOT go into profile. You go to settings and you can see the email linked to your account under the “edit email account” option about halfway down.
    Last edited by Bigburly912; 04-16-2019 at 06:46 AM.
    hunter, fisherman, flashlight enthusiast

Thank you for the information Bigburly912. I am actually logged in via my Chrome web browser. Settings does not show my linked email on the Chrome web browser.
    Last edited by Cerealand; 04-16-2019 at 07:01 AM.

Settings>Edit Email and Password should show the address on file. I tried to look at your account details but it wouldn’t show me the email. Maybe Admin can see more.

Do you know what email account your notifications get sent to? Like for PMs or subscribed posts? You must have one or two addresses it most likely is right? Go to the log in screen, and use the forgot password option with the address or two it most likely is and one of them will get the email right?

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb....php?do=lostpw

Below is my screenshot.

I attempted to reset my password be with my most likely emails. System says my emails are not on file. I just turned on the email options for PM. If anybody can send me a test PM, I can go through my emails to look for the notification.
    Last edited by Cerealand; 04-16-2019 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerealand View Post
    .... I just turned on the email options for PM. If anybody can send me a test PM, I can go through my emails to look for the notification.
    PM sent
    ... is the archimedes peak

Thanks. I did not get a email for the test PM, but it looks like Greta sent a reset link this morning. I have reset my password.

My email address now shows in my profile. I had tried to use this email to recover my password before with no success. It looks like the issue has been resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerealand View Post
    .... It looks like the issue has been resolved.
    Excellent, and thanks for letting us know.
    ... is the archimedes peak