wow you have to be rich to camp now

raggie33

*the raggedier*
so i packed the tent on my motorcycle drove to the moutains found a nice camp site on the top off a huge water fall i go and check in they wanted 35 bucks a night for a primitive site. i jusy packed up and went back home lol last vacation i was on a hotel room cost less then 35

raggie33

*the raggedier*
wow i been here for over 10 years and i never knew we had a camping forum awesume thats why cpf rules

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I camp all the time, but only in National and state FORESTS. Never National or state PARKS where there are rules and fees.

is the national camps free? if so ill look for 1 i get like 80 mpg so it would be worth the ride

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where I live (Alberta Canada) you have to book sites online in advance with any provincial/federal campground. The sites sold in my area in just 11 mins at the season open. I don't even bother any more.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Honestly, if I had the money, I'd buy several acres and let people camp there for vacation at 1/3 the price.

And now some rich entrepreneur is going to take my idea, and become mega wealthy.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you guys have "Glamping" over there?
That's not cheap.
Just camping for people that don't want to get dirt on their shoes.
P

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I follow a guy on YouTube "slim potato head" he travels the US and Canada and camps for free all over. You may get some ideas from his channel.

The guy seems to be a solitary camper. I could camp anywhere if I was alone and be easily kept entertained and busy. Add 5 more people and the cost of set up to do what he is doing rises exponentially. Keeping a whole family entertained for a few days in the middle of the bald face prairie is a tall order for most people.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Do you guys have "Glamping" over there?
That's not cheap.
Just camping for people that don't want to get dirt on their shoes.
P

Glamping makes about as much sense as making Hair Care products targeted specifically towards bald men.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eggzactly. Thank you, the beautiful rural area where we live is slowly being Glamped. I'm fighting back - they don't even buy my beer, they bring in from London.
Grump.
P

bignc

Enlightened
Good "BUMP" Leica. Also, good glass. :)

***Pete you just have to make your beer "snootier" for these types. You know something good for the environment or kittens or something. NOT for pure "guzzlin" purposes. They need "craft beer" and IPA and anything that is better than yellow fizzy water (what I call the American pilsners.)

I am all for anything that ACTUALLY teaches or allows the practice of fire skill or fishing skill or just loving on the wild. But it does, at times seem like some of glamping is for people with what my daddy would call "more money than sense."

I have paid $35/ night to camp- but in lieu of a $120 crappy hotel or because I wanted to camp somewhere cool- like the Beach at the Florida Keys...

Last edited: