Maratac 1C Flashlight Comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't a review, it's more of a comment on the Maratac 1C flashlight, recently released. I bought one for use by my niece. The single C-cell format suits her purpose. I was however suspicious of the marketing department's claim of 490 lumens on high, using a single 1.5 v alkaline primary cell. Now that I've received and tested the light, I can confirm that the advertised lumen output using a single 1.5v cell is, how should I put this...a wee bit exaggerated. Turns out that the laws of physics still hold, and a 1.5v cell still only fires up the emitter into the 150 lumen range.

That little correction to the marketing department's over hyped lumen claim aside, the light itself is very well made; solidly built, with square threads that lock up well, a perfectly centered emitter, and a clean white 5500K color temperature, with no discernable tint shift. The 40 lumen low setting appears to be spot on, and I have no reason to doubt that the claimed 80- hour runtime on low isn't accurate. The light has a rugged feel to it, and I'm pretty sure it will survive the camping adventures planned for it.

I didn't test the lumen output using the included AAA battery pack insert, mostly because the light will likely only be fed a diet of C-cells. If you're looking for a reeeally long running 1.5v flashlight though, it's worth considering.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Yep got a 1D model. I started another thread on it. It's a great light and runtime is longer then they claim but output is not even close to what they list.but that really doesn't matter to me as I wanted it for the a ability to run a single D cell It's a great emergency light and as I say run times are huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.