Titanium Rotary 18650 battery compartment interest

tyu

Newly Enlightened
Since I already have the machinist working on standard 18650 tubes... I think I can get Henry to agree... would only be for Rotary acme threads... and would probably be stupid expensive (well hell, most of this stuff is stupid expensive).

I shall see what can be done and for how much for how many.

In fact, why doesn't someone start an interest thread on the topic and let's see where that goes.

18650 is my preferred battery format, and I'd be in for at least one. Maybe two depending on expense.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Going off of HDS prices You have to be looking at 500-600 bucks for this thing I would think.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in for one 18650 Ti battery tube. Just curious, why was the 18350 battery tube not offered?

It's never been offered by HDS. I'm trying to rectify that, but neither Henry nor I thought it would be a good idea to "experiment" on such an expensive run.

Long RunTime

Enlightened
It's never been offered by HDS. I'm trying to rectify that, but neither Henry nor I thought it would be a good idea to "experiment" on such an expensive run.

I'm sure that you're aware of the High capacity 18350 battery If HDS offers the 18350 battery tube with a spacer to allow the use of primary battery (16340 size) in lieu of 16340 tube. That way you don't have to "experiment" on such an expensive run. You only have two battery tubes to offer (18350 and 18650) and an inexpensive adapter for the primary battery. Let do a poll to see what the response will be. I'll be the first one in for 18350 battery tube.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast

I know someone who can build it if I can get bare components ie aluminum parts without the internals... tube, cap, specs.

I had some parts done for another light design I came up with that turned out really well. However the knurling was coarse not fine as the new rotary is.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
This Delrin Sleeve ​will help eliminate the battery rattle.

Yes it would and battery rattle means nothing to me. But some will lose there minds.kinda like when they were going to stop making Twinkie's. Imagine being in a life and death scenario your flashlight is the only thing you have to get you out of the situation and it's works absolutely perfect and is waterproof and shockproof and enough runtime to get your butt to safety BUT the battery rattles when you shake the light. Well my friend THAT is a deal breaker! But on a serious note a spacer can and will be dropped and lost. I think HDS will come up with something internal to stop this

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know someone who can build it if I can get bare components ie aluminum parts without the internals... tube, cap, specs.

I had some parts done for another light design I came up with that turned out really well. However the knurling was coarse not fine as the new rotary is.

There are electronics in the tail. It's not a simple tube.