What flashlight manufacturers have recently died?

Dr. Tweedbucket

Enlightened
... in the last couple of years?

I was on Ilumun and it's like Eagletac was all tumbleweeds and crickets... at least over there. Some other brands like Sunwayman seemed to be pretty light duty in their offerings. :confused: There are so many brands out there these days, you'd think that it's going to be a survival of the fittest :touche:

kimloris

Newly Enlightened
Couldn't agree with you more.
I was on their site last week to order four 18350 batteries that they restocked and I was looking for a backup flashlight that I could buy to get the free shipping.
Well, I spent hours trying to find out that flashlight but due to the very limited options, I just ended up buying more batteries (16340, 14500 and additional 18350).

thermal guy

Flashaholic
For the life of me I can't figure out peak. Very little is posted or advertising on them. And they are great lights IMO. In a nut shell as long as Malkoff stays in business I'm good😁

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
EagleTac is rebranding as EagTac, they're still alive but I have no idea why they're doing this.

parametrek

Enlightened
Eagletac released like 5 new lights this past month. They aren't good at publicizing their lights or even using sensible names for their lights. They are also stuck in the '90s with putting "LED lumens" all over their marketing materials instead of ANSI FL1 lumens. But they are doing fine.

If you want to buy Eagletac stuff their main distributor is Illumination Gear.

dmsoule

Newly Enlightened
Armytek seems to have gone quiet in the last year or so. Love their Wizard Pro xhp50, but why haven't they at least updated with the 50.2?

markr6

Flashaholic
That's funny I was thinking the same sort of things just yesterday. I thought maybe it was because I haven't been buying/following this stuff much anymore, but I don't think so. Even the big players seem quieter than usual.

We've always been flirting with the line of practicality and ridiculous numbers (lumens) games. It's possible we're well beyond that now and there's not much else left to do. Engineers getting bored?

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably busy repairing all of the defective lights they sell.

Probably only a few lights getting repaired. Too many people vent about how difficult it is to get a warranty fix or replacement. They simply give up and toss the light.
Led flashlights are common now. The large manufacturers who make their own lights will thrive in the future.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well it all started with multiple brand names trying to undercut Surefire in price with reduced quality, but more up to date emitters to draw in the crowd. People love to say they got a better light for a cheaper price, even if that is only partially true. And some don't know better. Then the cheap brands all began producing basically the same thing with different names and logos, trying to out cheap one another. The market became glutted and now we have a ton of flashlights out there of low or modest quality that are worth practically nothing because they do not have the latest emitter as the latest release of a competitors brand. This is the result of overpriced non-modular lights flooding the market.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
For the life of me I can't figure out peak. Very little is posted or advertising on them. And they are great lights IMO. In a nut shell as long as Malkoff stays in business I'm good

Peak LED Solutions.... The flashlight company with zero desire to make flashlights.