NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Foursevens Preon P1 P2 Pass-Around n GAW

Default Re: Foursevens Preon P1 P2 Pass-Around n GAW

Lights received today!
    I choose to carry a flashlight because I am often kept in the dark.

Flashaholic

Default Foursevens Preon P1 P2 Pass-Around n GAW

Sorry everyone for the delay, Iíve passed on the lights but not given any feedback! I will begin by saying that I have many older P1s, and I have an aluminum Preon P2 from a few years back.

These lights have all the same functionality and ability to be customized, which is great. But the thing that impressed me the most is the tail switch. In the old versions, they worked well enough, but compared to this new switch, they seem clunky, as the new switch is extremely smooth and comfortable to operate.

The copper of the P2 was also a welcome surprise. It is quite hefty for a 2AAA light, but it is a nice heft, not clumsy in any way to me. I suppose compared to the aluminum P1 it may have exaggerated the weight also, since itís a larger version in a heavier material. The only complaint I had was a tiny battery rattle in the P2 when shaken side to side.

All said and done, I was sad to see these go, and plan to keep adding Preons to my collection for years to come.
    I'd love to shed some light on that for you

Default Re: Foursevens Preon P1 P2 Pass-Around n GAW

My impressions after 1 week of use.

The LED choice is excellent. The tint and CRI are great.
    The beam quality is excellent. It is a nice floody type of hot spot. Very useful.
    The button is rather stiff. Good for not coming on in your pocket. Not quite so good for the smaller P1, as the small size gives less area to grip while turning it on.

The clips: I am not a big fan of clips. If I clip something to my pocket, it eventually gets snagged and pulled out. Sometimes I notice, sometimes I don't. The only clip that I like, and use, is a bezel up clip, and only to attach to the brim of a hat for hands free use. If the P1 had a 2 way clip or a bezel up clip, I would buy one.

I was expecting to prefer the P1 over the P2, but I find that I am using the copper P2 most of the time and only occasionally reaching for the P1.
    I choose to carry a flashlight because I am often kept in the dark.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123