Wuben        
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Foursevens Preon P1 P2 Pass-Around n GAW

Default Re: Foursevens Preon P1 Pass-Around n GAW

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    Thanks for posting your experience. Well thought-out and written.
    Thank you!

I will add more comments as I get to use this all week!

Default Foursevens Preon P1 Pass-Around n GAW

Iíve been carrying the P1 during the day. TheP2 at night.
    Best features:
    Build quality of both lights is fantastic.
    Love the copper feel and weight. Just feels good in the hand.
    The programmable UI ends the debate of low or hi or medium as first mode.
    Forward clicky is very intuitive and easy to use.

Today I am trying the P2 as edc. It fits comfortably in dockers front pocket(I am surprised)or clipped it is comfortable. Will update at end of the day.
    I carried the P2all day clipped to my front pocket. I did not even know it was there. Their clip is that good! Definitely an EDC possibility.
    Last edited by Paul6ppca; 05-15-2019 at 06:57 PM.

Default Foursevens Preon P1 Pass-Around n GAW

The lights a packed and batteries charged. Ready to ship to Invisible Frodo.
    After using these 2 lights exclusively for over a week, I have to say I will miss them a lot.
    They have proved themselves over and over in the short time I had to evaluate them. They never had any issue. I donít think I would change a thing on them. I really appreciate the build quality, and the programability that these lights have. It makes them a winner in my book.
    I used them as EDC for many tasks a edc is used for. Reading serial numbers on the back of the computer, locating a dropped of washer in the workshop, Locating the dog in the backyard. It always seemed to have an appropriate light level. They really fit the bill, and the forward clicky is a great feature. The compact size of the P one made it very easy to carry in front pocket. I was surprised at the P2. I had two days with a clip to my front pocket driving and working around the office it never got in the way! It to with easy to carry. I believe that is the credit to the design and quality of the clip on these lights.

Thanks to all those for making this happen!
    Last edited by Paul6ppca; 05-17-2019 at 09:46 AM.

Sorry all. I did not see the last minute update. So I shipped to Invisablefrodo. It will arrive Monday.

Flashaholic

Is it too late to be added to the pass around? I would love to take part if Iím allowed.
    I'd love to shed some light on that for you

Quote Originally Posted by FLfrk View Post
    Is it too late to be added to the pass around? I would love to take part if Iím allowed.
    Of Course. You are on the list.

Ok
    Pms seem to be going to all. Not sure how. Sorry. I got some extra pms also.

I sent the lights to Invisablefrodo
    Tracking show it arrived yesterday 5/20. I PMed him to post here. As requested in the first post.
    Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul6ppca View Post
    Ok
    Pms seem to be going to all. Not sure how. Sorry. I got some extra pms also.

I sent the lights to Invisablefrodo
    Tracking show it arrived yesterday 5/20. I PMed him to post here. As requested in the first post.
    Thanks everyone!
    I reached InvisibleFrodo and he has the lights safe and OK. Thank You for checking

Hey guys! Sorry I forgot to check in. I do have the lights and I have been trying them out. I will probably try to write up a little review within the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleFrodo View Post
    Hey guys! Sorry I forgot to check in. I do have the lights and I have been trying them out. I will probably try to write up a little review within the next few days.
    Sounds great!

I have reordered the list by one.
    There will be a delay this week while I add a Nylon Holster to this pass-around.
    Recently I have been asked for a way to carry P2 without clipping it to your pocket.
    This Nylon Holster will allow ready access with out fumbling for a loose light it in your pocket.
    I'm hoping this will help provide a better experience and test.
    As a bonus, this sheath will help those who are hesitant of carrying it because they are afraid
    of causing scratches or lens damage. I have had a person in a previous pass-around that did
    not carry the light due to worrying.
    Enjoy
    GL

Pic Link

Default Re: Foursevens Preon P1 P2 Pass-Around n GAW

If possible, I would like to check out the new Preon lights. I had planned on checking in earlier, but have been working out of state for nearly 3 weeks.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Candlepowerforums mobile app
    I am currently accepting limited mod requests. Please send me a PM!

Quote Originally Posted by datiLED View Post
    If possible, I would like to check out the new Preon lights. I had planned on checking in earlier, but have been working out of state for nearly 3 weeks.
    Yes of course. I have added You to the list

Default Foursevens Preon P1 P2 Pass-Around n GAW

So Iím shipping to pc_light?

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleFrodo View Post
    So Iím shipping to pc_light?
    That is correct

Lights are in the mail as of yesterday. Supposed to arrive on Friday. I will send the tracking number to pc_light and Got Lumens. Long winded review coming. For now Iíll just say I was very pleasantly surprised by how good these lights really were, even when compared side by side with lights costing considerably more.

The Copper P2ís not my thing, a little heavy for EDC but the little black P1 is a gem.

Here is the P1 MkIII alongside my old P1.

I like the multitude of selectable modes groups. The earlier new 47ís Preon (MkII?) didn't interest me because their various mode combinations only went from High-to-Low. Prometheusí P1/P2 MkIII offers mode groups that progress in either direction. In addition to the UI upgrade, there's a nice 5K Hi-CRI Nichia emitter, stout clip and silent rubber forward clicky. Definitely new and improved and worth considering.

It might just be time for a refresh.
    "may you live light and phosphor" - Mr. Spark

dotCPF- I tried toPM you for address, but I think your inbox is full? Perhaps you could PM me the address?

Flashaholic

Sorry all just getting back and settled from my cross-country trip, just got the lights last night, Frodo I will PM you now!

Thanks, thoughts to come soon- these feel like very well made object!

Flashaholic

I have tried contacting the next in line as of last Tuesday but I have not yet heard back. I will try to do a little review in the next couple days!

Quote Originally Posted by dotCPF View Post
    I have tried contacting the next in line as of last Tuesday but I have not yet heard back. I will try to do a little review in the next couple days!
    Look forward to it .
    I'll PM You Wednesday with the next address.
    Take Care
    GL

Flashaholic

Hello all!

This is my first take at a review, sorry if it is too long, I hope this helps anyone considering these lights.

I've never been too taken by penlights. Normally, there is always some sort of compromise, and more often than not it's multiple. That being said, I was pretty blown away by these lights. Not in the "holy shit this is groundbreaking way", but much more along the lines of holding a Malkoff MD2 for the first time, and just appreciating a well crafted item that works exactly as intended.

Slick and professional are I feel the two most accurate words to describe the new Preon. The quality of the build is immediately obvious, there are no disappointments to be had anywhere in materials or construction. They just feel solid- and that's not just a comment about the deceiving mass of the Copper P2- AAA lights can very easily look and feel quite dinky and flimsy, but there is NO mistaking these for something bought at any hardware store. I think one of the biggest wins of the new MK III Preon is the switch- small switches like this rarely feel good. Even on some of the nicer lights. These feel designed for the Preon, and remind me of a mini FS4. On top of that, it is quite a handsome little fella. The Copper P2 is really quite an object, it's all machined very well.

I didn't get to play around with the UI too much, because it came on the mode I'd leave it in- LMH(T). This is another huge win for the Preon, as most penlights are rather clunky with their UI, and AFAIK very very few have such program-ability. I think that is a huge ace up the Preon Mk III's sleeve, and with it's completely satisfactory low of around 1 lumen, this truly can be a light you leave on you all hours of the day.

Recently, we have been a little spoiled with HCRI lights, even in penlight form. Nevertheless, the Preon mk III delivers a delicious daylight High CRI 5000K beam, a very very lovely pure white. I notice no significant tint and these appear very neutral, I think these LEDs are binned very well. The beam itself is also quite well refined and even, there are no distracting artifacts or shifts. It is great up close, and anything really "household" in distance is doable. Throw? Well on burst, you can see across your yard, but otherwise is much more of a "path" light so you don't trip or stub your toe.

Now, I did get to do some output tests on these, using my TA Lumen Tube. By all accounts my tube should be extremely accurate, margin of error is within 2 lumens I would wager. As such, it will not tell me anything much less than 2 lumens of output. All my Olights read smack on the money, as do HDS and Malkoffs. The following numbers will be ANSI, followed by their (TURN ON) brightness

Preon P1 mkIII [100/ 60/ 15/ 1]
    Burst: 97 (100) High: 61 (62) Medium: 12 (12) Low: Did not register as my tube starts reading around 2lm, so 1 lumen appears to be spot on the money.

On burst, output remains steady at 97/98 lumens. At 45s, output drops to 90 lumens. At 1 min, output drops to 82 lumens, where it gradually falls to 60 lumens at 1:30 time-on.

Preon P2 Copper mkIII [210/ 125/ 30/ 1]
    Burst: 225 (232) High: 137 (135) Medium: 31 (31) Low: Did not register as my tube starts reading around 2lm, so 1 lumen appears to be spot on the money.

On burst, output drops from 225 ANSI to 210lm @ 45s. It continues to steadily fall to 185lm @ 1:00, 135lm @ 1:30, and 133lm @ 2:00, where it maintains steady output around 134 lumens.

P1 vs P2?

The P2, especially in copper or nickel, is really REALLY cool. I love the section of pure, un-interrupted copper under the clip. I think it's a nice touch and allows you to appreciate the special metal. However, I think the P1 truly outshines it. The P1's output selections are perfect for the size light it is, and the functions in which I typically use such a light. It's size just makes it ridiculously easy to carry, and feels at home in the conference room and in the woodshop. The extra output you get from the P2 isn't worth it to me, because it drops so quickly down to what is very marginally brighter in use than what the P1 runs at. What the P2 is great for I think is the special occasion, it would make an exquisite suit-carry, when you need to dress-up your flashaholism.

The Takeaway?

I wasn't expecting to be wowed (no offense)- but I was (no bullshit). I am going to be buying one or two of these lights, probably both in nickel, because how often do you see a light in nickel, and how often do those lights absolutely rock?! These are truly great flashlights, and some of the greatest pen lights to currently exist on the market IMO, not to mention how extremely outdated they make everything pre-2018 look (and feel!) For the category, I think these are top of the charts.

This is a job extremely well done, bravo Prometheus Lights!
    Last edited by dotCPF; 07-29-2019 at 07:33 PM. Reason: messed up the lm number order

I have received the lights, thanks dotCPF - and nice review! Mine will follow in due time.

I have sent the lights on to Flfrk. They should arrive Friday. Short review: the newest Preons are excellent. The P1 and P2 both have easily accessible burst modes, (unlike my first-production-run examples,) so it appears the bugs are all worked out now. I was surprised by just how well the P2 disappears into a pocket. I will probably buy one sometime, when either the silver or copper is on sale. (Black doesn't appeal to me, or I would have bought one at 20% off the other day. Why only black?...) Longer review with pictures to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by thesnark17 View Post
    ...) Longer review with pictures to follow.
    Excellent. Thank You for checking these out.

Flashaholic

Lights have been received. More to come
    I'd love to shed some light on that for you

Can I be added to the list? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Nitroz View Post
    Can I be added to the list? Thanks!
    Yes.
    Your Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Got Lumens? View Post
    Yes.
    Your Welcome!
    Can't send PM your box is full.

me bad

Nitroz has just tried to send you a private message. However, your private messages box on CandlePowerForums has reached the specified quota. In order to receive further private messages, you must delete some messages. Please visit this page to do so:
    Last edited by Got Lumens?; 08-11-2019 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Got Lumens? View Post
    me bad

Nitroz has just tried to send you a private message. However, your private messages box on CandlePowerForums has reached the specified quota. In order to receive further private messages, you must delete some messages. Please visit this page to do so:
    Thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast