Klarus        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 57 of 57

Thread: Server Upgrade

  1. #31
    Moderator
    nbp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    9,314

    Default Re: Server Upgrade

    I love puppies.

  2. #32
    Administrator Greta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    15,560

    Default Re: Server Upgrade

    Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    I love puppies.
    I'm always suspicious of people who don't...

  3. #33
    Flashaholic* KITROBASKIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    3,002

    Default Re: Server Upgrade

    Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    We didn't. Just a lucky shot by a photographer with a lot of patience and a quick finger...
    Guessing it was patience honed to the finest sheen by a horde of flashlight oficianados.

  4. #34
    Moderator
    nbp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    9,314

    Default Re: Server Upgrade

    Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    I'm always suspicious of people who don't...
    Haha true. Except when they piddle in the house. Grrr.

    I showed that pic to someone, and they said “He must be hot, his face is melting!” Bahaha

    I love that big skin roll creeping over his nose, lol. Cute puppy for sure.

  5. #35
    Flashaholic* KITROBASKIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    3,002

    Default Re: Server Upgrade

    Cute puppy is so clean, except for maybe a bit of pollen on the lower lip because of the stage prop?

  6. #36
    Administrator Greta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    15,560

    Default Re: Server Upgrade

    I hesitate to celebrate yet -

    BUT... it looks like I may have solved the search issue. It is still not functional (you will still get error messages if you try to use it) but it's close. Indexing is happening now... so if all goes well, it should be working again very soon.

    YAY!!

  7. #37
    peter yetman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    North Norfolk UK
    Posts
    3,809

    Default Re: Server Upgrade

    Well done Greta, Thank you.
    P

  8. #38

    Default Re: Server Upgrade

    Great! Thx!

  9. #39
    Administrator Greta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    15,560

    Default Re: Server Upgrade

    The search function is now functional again! WOOHOO!!!

  10. #40
    Moderator
    archimedes!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CONUS, top left
    Posts
    12,583

    Default Re: Server Upgrade

    Excellent, thanks !
    ... is the archimedes peak

  11. #41
    Flashaholic* tech25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Near the Big Apple
    Posts
    883

    Default Re: Server Upgrade

    Thank you!

  12. #42

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    38.7296° N, 120.7985° W
    Posts
    998

    Default Re: Server Upgrade

    Thank you for your efforts Greta.

  13. #43

    Default Re: Server Upgrade

    Greta,
    i keep getting certificate errors on signing in to the main page
    This site is not secure

    This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately.

    Details
    The website’s security certificate is not yet valid or has expired.
    Error Code: DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_DATE_INVALID

  14. #44
    *Flashaholic* PhotonWrangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In a handbasket
    Posts
    12,353

    Default Re: Server Upgrade

    Quote Originally Posted by sidfishez View Post
    Greta,
    i keep getting certificate errors on signing in to the main page
    This site is not secure


    This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately.

    Details
    The website’s security certificate is not yet valid or has expired.
    Error Code: DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_DATE_INVALID
    It looks like the certificate was good for 2 years and it turned into a pumpkin today.

  15. #45
    Flashaholic boo5ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    132

    Default Re: Server Upgrade

    I keep getting the same response.

  16. #46
    Administrator Greta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    15,560

    Default Re: Server Upgrade

    - Freakin' GoDaddy...

    I can't fix this until tomorrow morning. Sending an email now so the tech will get it first thing in the morning. They were supposed to have transferred everything over for me... but obviously didn't...

    CPF is safe... it just has a new IP now... 50.62.133.78

    If you can make adjustments on your own machine, do so. CPF is an https site... NOT http.

  17. #47

    Default Re: Server Upgrade

    Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    - Freakin' GoDaddy...
    Godaddy? Why in the world are you buying hosting from them? Their hosting is substandard at best, customer service is horrible, they scam to up-sell and you're overpaying probably double.

    You should leave them ASAP. https://squidix.com is a really good host, I've used them 6 years for some of my sites. I also use https://ramnode.com/index.php. They're both top notch with excellent support and zero downtime. I have no affiliation with either...but I do have a 50% off promo discount with Squidix good for as long as you host with them. And like any good host, they will migrate the entire site for free.

    Just a thought...but you really need to leave Godaddy. It's okay to use them as a domain registrar but for anything else they are a ripoff. For instance, they dismantle c-panel and charge for each feature separate, whereas with other more legit hosts give you the full fledge c-panel with hosting.

  18. #48
    Administrator Greta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    15,560

    Default Re: Server Upgrade

    Quote Originally Posted by CompanyMan View Post
    Godaddy? Why in the world are you buying hosting from them? Their hosting is substandard at best, customer service is horrible, they scam to up-sell and you're overpaying probably double.

    You should leave them ASAP. https://squidix.com is a really good host, I've used them 6 years for some of my sites. I also use https://ramnode.com/index.php. They're both top notch with excellent support and zero downtime. I have no affiliation with either...but I do have a 50% off promo discount with Squidix good for as long as you host with them. And like any good host, they will migrate the entire site for free.

    Just a thought...but you really need to leave Godaddy. It's okay to use them as a domain registrar but for anything else they are a ripoff. For instance, they dismantle c-panel and charge for each feature separate, whereas with other more legit hosts give you the full fledge c-panel with hosting.
    Forgive my irritation, attitude and sarcasm please... but...


    Posts like this are exactly why I rarely, if ever, mention who, what, where, how, etc. I take care of CPF.

    CompanyMan - you've been around here for what? A couple weeks now? Do you truly think this is my first rodeo? Do you know anything of the history of CPF? How many servers/hosts/freakin' nightmares we've been through in 18 years? Telling me I need to leave GoDaddy is not the least bit helpful now or really at any time. In truth, I've been with GoDaddy for more years than I can even remember at this time. We've had good and bad with them. Recently more good than bad. This is minor compared to what we've experienced in the past with other servers.

    So please.. I know everyone has an opinion... Ford/Chevy, PC/Apple, Black/White, RedSox/Dodgers, Patriots/anyone else... but please keep them to yourself. If you want to buy CPF from me and set it up YOUR way, make me an offer. I'm open. But unless you're paying the bills and running the show, or I ask for it, please keep your opinion to yourself and refrain from telling me what I need to do.

  19. #49

    Default Re: Server Upgrade

    Just a reminder about the video crash on the iPhone app problem please fix it if possible.

  20. #50
    Administrator Greta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    15,560

    Default Re: Server Upgrade

    Quote Originally Posted by Nichia! View Post
    Just a reminder about the video crash on the iPhone app problem please fix it if possible.
    Noted.

  21. #51

    Default Re: Server Upgrade

    Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    Noted.
    Thank you

  22. #52

    Default Re: Server Upgrade

    All looks good now for sign ins. Thanks Greta, I figured it was just a case of getting the final finish on the server upgrade.

  23. #53
    Flashaholic boo5ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    132

    Default Re: Server Upgrade

    Anyone else getting an error message when trying to log in? I get it every time I log in and have to hit the CPF logo in the upper left hand corner to go to the main page.

  24. #54
    Moderator
    nbp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    9,314

    Default Re: Server Upgrade

    Do you use a bookmark? I had to rebookmark the site after the change to get rid of that.

  25. #55
    Flashaholic boo5ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    132

    Default Re: Server Upgrade

    I'll have to try that thanks.

  26. #56
    Flashaholic boo5ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    132

    Default Re: Server Upgrade

    That worked!

  27. #57
    Moderator
    nbp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    9,314

    Default Re: Server Upgrade

    Sweeeeeet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •