• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Cheers to Vinh Nguyen and the Sky Lumen family!

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wanted to take a brief moment to appreciate a truly stellar member of the Flashaholic community, the great Vinh!

I am not an easy customer, or perhaps, I'm very picky and particular. Vinh has repeatedly gone above and beyond to cater to my personal wants and needs. Vinh fast found my penchant for anodizing hard-chroming/ dark heat treating, and makes sure to inform me of said services when I forget. I just placed a custom order for an M30Cvn, and he made sure to throw an AHC Bezel into the order when I wasn't even thinking about it. Through all of my many orders, both regular and custom jobs, he has been responsive and accommodating to the umpteenth degree. Heck, long ago I emailed him about doing some mods myself, and the level of detail he went into and resources he provided STILL stick out in my mind years after the fact.

What makes me write this is my latest Sky Luminary- my latest D25Cvn. First a touch of background- the D25Cvn is my favorite light, I have 6 now, and when I first hard-core got into flashlights the "Micro-Searchlight" quickly became a grail of mine. For years I would go to SkyLumen.com just to look at it and dream. Big things happened this year for me at work, so I thought no better way to celebrate..... by ordering way too friggen many Sky Lumen creations! I have made it pretty clear through various forums my affinity for this particular light.

When I heard he was fast running out of the original body-style, I decided to pull the trigger on "my final D25Cvn" with a 219B SW45k and full-AHC. I guess I got my order in a little too late, because he had run out of old-style bodies. Does he inform me of this? NOPE. Apparently this magnificent-mad-man-modder scoured the internet for an "old-style" Ti body, pulled some strings, and ordered one just for me. So, when I would email him to inquire as to it's status because I'm impatient for flashlights, he kindly informed me of these hoops. He would not have told me otherwise, it would have just shown up, no saga to behold.

Hopefully we all realize that this is an extreme example of interstellar-levels of customer service. Vinh regularly provides a top-notch service with grace and kindness, and despite being a one-man-show, manages to maintain one of the greatest examples of magnificent customer service I have ever encountered.

So I'll end this slightly-too-long CHEERS TO VINH NGUYEN, with only the largest of THANKS to a most talented, humble, gracious, generous, meticulous, and overall fantastic flashaholic and human being!

:thumbsup:

PS- the light is nothing short of stellar

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope he takes time off for himself and not a working vacation. He does so much, not just for us, but complete strangers. I'm going to have a few drinks on his behalf so he's back at work with a clear head. Happy easter CPF family!!!

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll add to this.

I ordered a light recently from Vinh with a special LED request. I sent him the link so he could purchase these and figured that it would be a few weeks for him to get these in before he could mod my light.

While this was in process I sent him an email the other day about an idea I had and in his reply he said, "by the way, your light is ready to ship". I was expecting another week or two wait and received the shipping notice last night.

..:grin2:

Last edited:

Falcon9h

Newly Enlightened
Wow! Most encouraging. We went back and forth via email last night and sum result is gonna be a D18 with 219b's. Can't wait! Quite a guy... answered my first email in minutes. Really like what I'm seeing and I don't even have the light yet.

Rich

Wow! Most encouraging. We went back and forth via email last night and sum result is gonna be a D18 with 219b's. Can't wait! Quite a guy... answered my first email in minutes. Really like what I'm seeing and I don't even have the light yet.

Rich

Same with me on the same night. Now I know why it took Vinh ten minutes to answer each e-mail instead of five. :p