just picked up an AW softstart switch

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm kind of excited about this, been wanting one for a good while now. Happened across a random ebay auction, and snapped this up.

xTVwu9.jpg

I do not know which type this is, actually don't know a ton about them. But I put together this incan FiveMega torch with the mindset of getting my hands on a softstart switch, so it can be completed finally!
uLTqiO.jpg

I'll play with it this weekend, and report back what I discover

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I have one, and it can be used with an Led as long as the voltage is 6 volts or more.

Bill

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
okay, it works. It's a three-speed, which is interesting. Has a whine at the lower power levels, so we now know how this operates; pwm.
The bulb I have, procured from fivemega, is a 4.2v maximum. If I had one of the higher voltage FM 1794 bulbs, it would brighter.

The downside is that the tailcap I'm using (pictured above) has a longer sleeve that holds the mcclicky in place. That means this SS Switch will only work in a stock 6P format tailcap. I suppose that means that I need to build up an incan 6P now :)

archimedes

Flashaholic
Yes, I believe that the PWM is rather slow (which is not so much of an issue with incandescent) but could not seem to find the exact spec listed on CPF.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry about that, missed the point. Not sure how much is it but some folks said it works with 6V emitter...
Probably look into Jimmy's PhD or wquilles M6 PhD thread will show some info.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Sorry about that, missed the point. Not sure how much is it but some folks said it works with 6V emitter...
Probably look into Jimmy's PhD or wquilles M6 PhD thread will show some info.

No worries, I have just been curious about the PWM rate of it for a while now.