Please recommend a LED torch light which use C cell batteries like the maglight?

Miracle

Enlightened
Please recommend a LED torch light which use C cell batteries like the maglight?

I already have the C Cell maglite.

Looking for something different

Thank You

archimedes

Flashaholic
Please recommend a LED torch light which use C cell batteries like the maglight? ....

Moved this to the "Recommend" subforum for you.

You may want to consider adding further details, such as budget, size, output, etc, which will help CPF help you ;)

Miracle

Enlightened
Moved this to the "Recommend" subforum for you.

You may want to consider adding further details, such as budget, size, output, etc, which will help CPF help you ;)

Thank You archimedes

output : biggest lumen

budget : around $100 - $150

size : Take 1 cell C or 2 Cell C batteries

Scourie

Enlightened
The problem with C cells is that they can't produce a lot of current. They're good for small current over a long time but not the reverse. I'd guestimate a 2C would be limited to around 500 lumens. The exception to that would be Ni-mh cells, if you were thinking of those then the option for high output might be there.

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
My friend has a Costco membership and he picked me up a light there that takes C batteries; I think it is an Everready? It's in my office and I'll try to confirm tomorrow.

bignc

Enlightened
Have you considered a malkoff devices conversion? For plain alkaline cells, that's probably the thing I'd try if you have or can get an incandescent mag.

Eta: but reliability is most important to me- generally that ends up being a malkoff in whatever host. 😁

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
1C Flashlight Kit by Maratac There's a thread here I started with the D -Cell version. I like it a lot. And of corse mag makes a 2 c twisty that's pretty cool both way under 100 bucks.

Poppy

Flashaholic
If you don't mind a 3C light, for giggles you might take a look at the Home Depot Defiant 3C. It is WAY UNDER budget, but of all the lights I offer my grandson to take camping, he always wants that one.

It's about 1200 lumens, with a triple LED head for less than $15 batteries included. I have a few, and power each of them with an 18650 LiIon battery with an easy to make spacer/adapter. They give a nice broad spot, good fill, and decent throw. Overall it is a pretty usable light.