• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Emisar D18vn - Best SubCompact Popcan R

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
  • Factory Link Click Here
  • Narsil D4 Ramping UI
  • Identical excellent quality as the M43vn
  • Large fill hot spot with soft tapered spill
  • Best performance and quality for the $$$
  • All Specs has Sky Lumen Warranty
  • VTC5A button top recommended
  • Sky Lumen lanyard included
  • XPL HI 5000K @ Turn On: 13150, 85Kcd, 583m (Brightest V4 Bin!!!)
  • XPL HI 6500K @ Turn On: 12,800L, 82Kcd, 572m

$140

Pick Black or Sand in checkout note. Black Default.
Black gets my vote ;-P

"V54" Engraving
+ Extended Warranty
+ Shipping Signature and/or Insurance
+ Specifications
Must Read Purchase Agreement
[email protected]

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
If you cant afford a X80GTvn this is the next best thing. D18vn is still the best for the size and a steal for the build quality and performance.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
How does it compare to the M43 in terms of build in your opinion? I know you were nuts for that light and with good reason. Did Hank strike again?

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
People have described it as being equal to other Emisars and the M43 in terms of build quality and design. The driver is technically 'inferior' to the buck driver in the M43, is it's a more simple and cheaper fet+linear chips (same design as used in the other Emisars and Fireflies lights). I actually don't mind fet+linear driver designs as long as there's enough linear regulators to provide linear regulation up to a decent output. I believe the highest regulated output in the D18 is around 2000 lumens, which is more than adequate.

It's too bad there isn't enough room for aux LEDs on the head of this light.

Btw, the UI it uses is Anduril, not Narsil.

Vinh, how does this throw compared to the likes of E07, M43, or ROT66 when they're at the same output? Like 1000 lumens? Trying to get a feel for how floody or throwy the optics of the D18 are.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
How does it compare to the M43 in terms of build in your opinion? I know you were nuts for that light and with good reason. Did Hank strike again?

Its basically an M43 in terms of build quality. This light is definitely a Noctigon more than an Emmisar. If anything I think its one step up in terms of design compared to the Noctigon which is an excellent light already.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are these stock form, or did you do some vn touches?
Is turbo in the top of ramp and can turbo be memorized?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
People have described it as being equal to other Emisars and the M43 in terms of build quality and design. I think Noctigon M43 & D18 is a step up from any Emmisar in terms of quality. Emmisar doesnt have solid copper tail cap boards. Emmiser black anodizing is inconsistent. Smooth and glossy on the D1 but matte on the D1S. Aside from the D4 Titanium all others has thin aluminum bezel. D18 has thick SS bezel while Noctigon has thick aluminum bezel. Emmisars has black Orings while M43 and D18 has red. Red (usually nitrile) is typically improved over black at least in most Chinese lights. D18 and M43 has real grippy knurling. D18 button is recessed into the body preventing accidental activation like the new Zebras. M43 and D18 had a clear amount of heft for their compact size VS the Emisars. Don't get me wrong. D1vn and D4vn are good lights in both build and performance. D4Svn is a great light in build but excellent in performance. M43vn is Excellent in build and great in performance. D18vn is excellent in both build and performance. Of course this is just my personal opinion.

The driver is technically 'inferior' to the buck driver in the M43, is it's a more simple and cheaper fet+linear chips (same design as used in the other Emisars and Fireflies lights). I actually don't mind fet+linear driver designs as long as there's enough linear regulators to provide linear regulation up to a decent output. I believe the highest regulated output in the D18 is around 2000 lumens, which is more than adequate. The M43 Buck was a great driver but it didnt deliver the Max performance of the Linear VNX2 driver. Pros and cons with both drivers of course. I am glad D18 has the FET+Linear However I hope the thermal management isn't too aggressive and if it is we are still in control of its settings. I still have not gotten time to explore all of the UI and perhaps make a video.

It's too bad there isn't enough room for aux LEDs on the head of this light. For me personally I am so glad there is no AUX. I dont enjoy them much.

Btw, the UI it uses is Anduril, not Narsil.

Vinh, how does this throw compared to the likes of E07, M43, or ROT66 when they're at the same output? Hot spot is so large and not super defined so it doesnt look impressive despite the 80Kcd throw. I remember M43vn hit about 115-120kcd with XPG2 PDT. I still have got to tried XPG2 PDT & W2 to see if it works in this light. However both these LED options will totally ruin the crazy value aspect of this light....

Like 1000 lumens? I will answer you when I get some real throw options in this light.

Trying to get a feel for how floody or throwy the optics of the D18 are. 80Kcd is good throw. Its just not great by today's standard when we have D4Svn at a smaller size pushing 4600L and 100Kcd.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Are these stock form, or did you do some vn touches?
Is turbo in the top of ramp and can turbo be memorized?

Cant put vn on a light and offer Sky Lumen Warranty without adding my touches ;-)
Turbo is top of Ramp I think so yeah it can be memorized.

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it possible to do a clear glass instead of the black out glass that only exposes the led optics?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Just put that in the notes? I think I may like that look better than the blackout so it exposes that nice red PCB in the back. Guessing you use glass that can take the heat?

Just add it in the note. It will pretty much lock like pics shown previously.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
An interesting mod might be to give the D18 a lighted switch.

The driver already has the contact pads for it. And Anduril has programming for aux LEDs built-in to it. All that should be necessary is getting the tiny LED and resistor below the switch boot.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I just ran out of White 2 LEDs but yes I am going to give it a shot. XPG2 PDT is also an option I will try.