HDS Systems        

Thread: Hicri vs neutral

Default Hicri vs neutral

Can anyone tell me the difference between the two choices? What is the kelvin rating of each? I hear the hicri is very warm. Thanks!

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Hicri vs neutral

Hicri has nothing to do with tint. It just means the LED does very well at rendering colors.
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

Yes nothing to do with each other, you can have hi cri (Colour Rendering Index) in 6500k temp now.

Neutral to me is anywhere between 4000 and 5000k. Someone else might be 4k, another 5k if makes sense. Then there is "tint", could be pinkish, could be greenish......blue or what ever. I have had some very nice 4k, other not so great, as with many other temps over the years.

If I am understanding OP correctly, the question may be referring more to which emitters Peak (specifically) is using for their "neutral" and "high CRI" options.

If that is correct, those details have varied quite widely over the course of time.

We would need additional details to try to advise you (year of production, emitter photo, etc)

If you mean for current production and new releases, it may be best to enquire directly with Peak.
    ... is the archimedes peak

Arch has got it. Iím curious what is currently being used. Iíll check with peak.

Quote Originally Posted by nmiller View Post
    Arch has got it. Iím curious what is currently being used. Iíll check with peak.
    Please let us know, I am interested to know the latest from them too.

.... I hear the hicri is very warm. Thanks!
    The earliest advertised "high CRI" from Peak were indeed very warm ... initially an XP-G "warm white" which was later superseded by a (less so but still quite warm) N119.

I think that the next high CRI emitter offered was an ( Oveready exclusive? ) N219, and that one was relatively neutral.

The reel of N119 emitters used by Peak are still among my favorites, as I do prefer those warm tones.
    Last edited by archimedes; 04-24-2019 at 02:49 PM.

Robyn already got back to me. Leds fluctuate. Currently hicri is 6500k and neutral is 4700k. They have some 3000k leds coming. All are Cree.

Wow, that was quick !

Banned

And all of them is xpg3

I've always had a good experience working with Robyn, but that was super fast. Felt like a phone call via email.

Xpg3? Not sure if thats a good thing. I've heard mixed comments on them.

Ordered a 17500 Logan. It arrived today. Went with the hicri 3000k ish led. Tint is amazing. I'm very happy with the results. The stainless body is like a tank too. I bought the spacer kit as well. Right now I will use cr123a cells until I buy a 17500 cell. I'm glad I reached out to Robyn to make sure I got the warmer led. I'm going to see the options for the leo lights.

Ordered a 17500 Logan. It arrived today. Went with the hicri 3000k ish led. Tint is amazing. I'm very happy with the results. The stainless body is like a tank too. I bought the spacer kit as well. Right now I will use cr123a cells until I buy a 17500 cell. I'm glad I reached out to Robyn to make sure I got the warmer led....
    One of my faves, enjoy !

Ordered a 17500 Logan. It arrived today. Went with the hicri 3000k ish led. Tint is amazing. I'm very happy with the results. The stainless body is like a tank too. I bought the spacer kit as well. Right now I will use cr123a cells until I buy a 17500 cell. I'm glad I reached out to Robyn to make sure I got the warmer led. I'm going to see the options for the leo lights.
    Just ordered the exact same setup with a momentary switch.
    Robyn said they just got a batch of 3200K High CRIs in. Can't wait for mine. Gonna start with AAs.

You will love it. Thinking about getting another.

You will love it. Thinking about getting another.
    Hey. Forgot to ask; are you going to get a clip for it? If so, where?
    Thanks

I have an old level 2 Peak Logan. I bought a couple clips years ago. They snap on. I don't remember what brand they are. I'll do some research to see if I can find one. Prometheus might make one.

Edit: Its a Zebralight clip for the h502. Its about $3 from zebralight. I've been using one off and on for over 7 years with no issues. Not the best looking but it works.
    Last edited by nmiller; 05-27-2019 at 02:36 PM.

I have an old level 2 Peak Logan. I bought a couple clips years ago. They snap on. I don't remember what brand they are. I'll do some research to see if I can find one. Prometheus might make one.

Edit: Its a . Its about $3 from zebralight. I've been using one off and on for over 7 years with no issues. Not the best looking but it works.
    Thank you sir. I shall check that out. I did see one on the Prometheus site but was not sure if it would fit properly.