• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Hicri vs neutral

ven

Flashaholic
Yes nothing to do with each other, you can have hi cri (Colour Rendering Index) in 6500k temp now.

Neutral to me is anywhere between 4000 and 5000k. Someone else might be 4k, another 5k if makes sense. Then there is "tint", could be pinkish, could be greenish......blue or what ever. I have had some very nice 4k, other not so great, as with many other temps over the years.

archimedes

Flashaholic
If I am understanding OP correctly, the question may be referring more to which emitters Peak (specifically) is using for their "neutral" and "high CRI" options.

If that is correct, those details have varied quite widely over the course of time.

We would need additional details to try to advise you (year of production, emitter photo, etc)

If you mean for current production and new releases, it may be best to enquire directly with Peak.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Arch has got it. I'm curious what is currently being used. I'll check with peak.

Please let us know, I am interested to know the latest from them too.

.... I hear the hicri is very warm. Thanks!

The earliest advertised "high CRI" from Peak were indeed very warm ... initially an XP-G "warm white" which was later superseded by a (less so but still quite warm) N119.

I think that the next high CRI emitter offered was an ( Oveready exclusive? ) N219, and that one was relatively neutral.

The reel of N119 emitters used by Peak are still among my favorites, as I do prefer those warm tones.

Last edited:

nmiller

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've always had a good experience working with Robyn, but that was super fast. Felt like a phone call via email.

Xpg3? Not sure if thats a good thing. I've heard mixed comments on them.

nmiller

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ordered a 17500 Logan. It arrived today. Went with the hicri 3000k ish led. Tint is amazing. I'm very happy with the results. The stainless body is like a tank too. I bought the spacer kit as well. Right now I will use cr123a cells until I buy a 17500 cell. I'm glad I reached out to Robyn to make sure I got the warmer led. I'm going to see the options for the leo lights.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Ordered a 17500 Logan. It arrived today. Went with the hicri 3000k ish led. Tint is amazing. I'm very happy with the results. The stainless body is like a tank too. I bought the spacer kit as well. Right now I will use cr123a cells until I buy a 17500 cell. I'm glad I reached out to Robyn to make sure I got the warmer led....

One of my faves, enjoy !

Vemice

Enlightened
Ordered a 17500 Logan. It arrived today. Went with the hicri 3000k ish led. Tint is amazing. I'm very happy with the results. The stainless body is like a tank too. I bought the spacer kit as well. Right now I will use cr123a cells until I buy a 17500 cell. I'm glad I reached out to Robyn to make sure I got the warmer led. I'm going to see the options for the leo lights.

Just ordered the exact same setup with a momentary switch.
Robyn said they just got a batch of 3200K High CRIs in. Can't wait for mine. Gonna start with AAs.

nmiller

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an old level 2 Peak Logan. I bought a couple clips years ago. They snap on. I don't remember what brand they are. I'll do some research to see if I can find one. Prometheus might make one.

Edit: Its a Zebralight clip for the h502. Its about $3 from zebralight. I've been using one off and on for over 7 years with no issues. Not the best looking but it works.

Last edited:

Vemice

Enlightened
I have an old level 2 Peak Logan. I bought a couple clips years ago. They snap on. I don't remember what brand they are. I'll do some research to see if I can find one. Prometheus might make one.

Edit: Its a . Its about $3 from zebralight. I've been using one off and on for over 7 years with no issues. Not the best looking but it works.
Thank you sir. I shall check that out. I did see one on the Prometheus site but was not sure if it would fit properly.