Strange effect armytek

Tulip bush

Enlightened
I've owned a few different armyteks and four of their headlamps, all warm tint. There's something that is just weird about what the light highlights compared to other lights I have. If there's a patch of grass the headlight seems to highlight ( this sounds daft ) different strands of grass to other lights I have.

The armytek Viking I have with the diffuser cap does not do this and everything looks as I you'd expect, but it's almost like the wizard seems to emphasise certain things that the light hits....it's weird. I haven't been on the forum in ages, but it's something that's sort of bugging me I'm pretty sure my zebra light didn't used to do this.....I'm sure other people will have noticed this and it may have been discussed before. Is it something to do with the weird lens? Sorry if I'm not making much sense.

Cheers
Tulip bush

wweiss

Enlightened
The warm tint may be more natural to your eyes, allowing you to see more edge contrast and details... I know this is the case with my NW's and hi CRI lights.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
The whole idea of using experimenting and discovering different tints is to be able to see things differently than with the standard Angry Blue that we were all first offered in LED lights.

I pretty much avoid anything that is not Neutral tint anymore unless I have already read that it is really pure white and not blue.

Is this what you mean?

Tulip bush

Enlightened
Hello all,

I'm pretty sure it's to do with the lens on the armytek headlights. My other warm armytek lights are just like any other light to me. The headlights however make all the longer stems of grass stand out over the other bits of grass ( I will check later tonight) ......it really is weird and distracting. It's not a subtle thing you can really tell the difference, it's almost like it's reflecting different on certain strands of grass.

wweiss

Enlightened
The angle of incidence between the lens on your forehead and your eyes just below or to the side may be creating this effect. Shadows cast with a slight offset can create high contrast edges.