Cyan Vs White Lux III

Justintoxicated

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys, acording the the Specs sheet they are both the same, yet for 1 watt starts it shows the Cyans as much brighter.

I'm wondering which would more likely be brighter at around 1 amp on a hotlips C...

On a different topic: How long will a Lux III last at around 320ma?

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
The cyan will likely APPEAR to be brighter as the human eye is very sensitive to blue-green color.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
[bJustintoxicated[/b] asked: ]How long will a Lux III last at around 320ma?

It should last well in excess of 50,000 hours with very little degradation at the reduced current rate if heat sinked properly.

Per the lumileds data sheet ds4501.pdf

[ QUOTE ]
Lumileds projects that Luxeon III products will deliver, on average,70%lumen maintenance at 50,000 hours of operation at a 700 mA forward current or 50%lumen maintenance at 20,000 hours of operation at a 1000 mA forward current.

[/ QUOTE ]

Daniel

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the color of a true Cyan LS LED at 505nm. It's so pretty. When I use my Arc EV, it makes me miss my ElektroLumens 5W cyan torch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Justintoxicated

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks guys, so maybe around 100,000 hours on the I'll Pill Setup before 50% maintanence? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif Thats like... 100,000 double A's later LOL...

What is a good bin for a Lux III in Cyan? I think I may DD one or perhaps use a booster for an amp If I can;t find a decent Lux III bin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
a good bin luxIII cyan? Well, flux S/T of course. Low Voltage forward, J/K etc. But the middle (color) bin? That would be a 2 or 3. Color bins go from 1-6. anything higher than a 3 will look green. a 2 or 3 would look like true cyan. 495-505nm is the target..

Unfornatnly most cyans are 4-5 bins and greenies.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Justintoxicated

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think I have ever sceen a 2

I put a Q4GC Lux I in my G/fs Ill Pill Light, she wanted a more green one (easy to please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )And a P3GC in mine there is quite a difference in color, but hers is a little brighter..Cyan lights are kinda weird though, I was using one to fix my RC car and it turned the red-pink fuel clear and I kept thinking it was empty lol..

Ok, so a bin 2 sounds like it would be True Cyan, even the bin 3 I have is still pretty green, but not as bad as the Q4... So now it has to be a T2JC but im probably dreaming...

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hers is brighter because it's a Q and yours is a P flux bin of course. Yes, a T2JC would be awesome, or a W2TC 5w Cyan!!

Cyan light is neat, you actualy can make out certain colors. I mean they don't look right, but you know what they are somehow.. strange.

Also, each color bin, say 3 for instance, is a certain range of wavelengths.. So you could have a 3 that looked more green than another 3... But yes a 2 would probably be perfect.