NEW Fenix E30R Compact, Rechargeable Flashlight - It Will Impress Your Socks Off!

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Last edited:

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

This looks like a nice light.

Can you tell us how long the light runs on high and turbo at room temperature before the first step down?

I can't imagine it would be very long in such a small light.

Thanks.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
We sent your comment to Fenix engineering and received this reply:

[FONT=&quot]The reason why we chose the 30 lumens as the ECO model was because we considered making it with only 5 lumens but it really made no sense for such a powerful light to have such low ECO output. Comparing the highest 1600 lumens, the 30 lumens could be regarded as the ECO level as well as the regular output level for daily use, especially in the darkness or at night.

[/FONT]
GOSH ! ! !

The * LOWEST * mode is 30 Lumens ? ? ?

:(
_

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor

Intelligent Downshift

Time-limited Downshift
The light will downshift to 900 lumens within 30 seconds when it has been used on Turbo for 1 minute.

Overheat Protection

The light will accumulate a lot of heat when used on Turbo or High output level for extended periods. When the light reaches a temperature of 65℃ or above, the light will automatically step down by 5% every 10 seconds to reduce the temperature, and until to 350 lumens.
When the temperature is reduced below 65℃, Turbo mode can be reselected; or only 900 lumens can be reached.

Hi,

This looks like a nice light.

Can you tell us how long the light runs on high and turbo at room temperature before the first step down?

I can't imagine it would be very long in such a small light.

Thanks.

ktsl

Newly Enlightened
Nice, after all these years, finally got rid of all rubber, including the switch and the charging port.:twothumbs

Fenix118

Newly Enlightened
Hi is the head portion soposed to rattle
When i shake the e30r it sounds like somthing is loose inside. If i remove the battery portion i find the sound is comming from the head (led driver). Please advise if this is normal. The torch works fine
Thanks

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Hi is the head portion soposed to rattle
When i shake the e30r it sounds like somthing is loose inside. If i remove the battery portion i find the sound is comming from the head (led driver). Please advise if this is normal. The torch works fine
Thanks

No, that is not supposed to happen. Have you checked on returning it to the place where you purchased it? You should have return privileges. If you need assistance, you can explain your situation here:
CONTACT US FORM

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does this light turn on instantly when the button is pushed, or is there a time lag before it comes on(ie, you have to hold the on button down for a short bit of time)?

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Please look at the User Manual on Fenix's website. It will take a minute or 2 to load. You have to hold the side button down for 0.5 seconds to power it up. That is purposeful so that the light doesn't accidentally get turned on when bumped, etc. There has to be a deliberate press to activate the light.

http://www.fenixlight.com.cn/download/Fenix_E30R_Multilingual_User_Manual.pdf

Does this light turn on instantly when the button is pushed, or is there a time lag before it comes on(ie, you have to hold the on button down for a short bit of time)?

PseudoFed

Enlightened

[FONT="]The reason why we chose the 30 lumens as the ECO model was because we considered making it with only 5 lumens but it really made no sense for such a powerful light to have such low ECO output. Comparing the highest 1600 lumens, the 30 lumens could be regarded as the ECO level as well as the regular output level for daily use, especially in the darkness or at night.

[/FONT]

This makes no sense. I've ordered Olights lately because of their true eco mode and moonlight lumens. Even Surefire gets it and offers 5 lumens. It might encourage the occasional flashlight newby, but the experts here (who buy many lights) are asking for lower lumens and greater output spacing.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
This makes no sense. I've ordered Olights lately because of their true eco mode and moonlight lumens. Even Surefire gets it and offers 5 lumens. It might encourage the occasional flashlight newby, but the experts here (who buy many lights) are asking for lower lumens and greater output spacing.

I agree. I don't understand their reasoning. I like having lower outputs for longer runtimes and practicality. A lot of times I can get by with a 1-5 lumen mode just fine and anything more is too bright. If a light can fit in my pocket it should have a 5 lumen or lower mode. I used my TK76 lastnight on its lowest mode for a night light and it worked great.