• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Great news article about McGizmo/Don McLeish!

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Folks...

Today, in the Maui News newspaper, I discovered a great article written about Don McLeish ("McGizmo") saving many lives over the years from dangerous rip currents in the ocean.

With the permission of the Moderator, as noted below, here is the link to that article:

http://www.mauinews.com/news/people-who-made-a-difference/2016/12/don-mcleish/

It appears to be an article published on December 27, 2016, but the passage of time has not diminished its impressiveness. I happened to come across it today when doing an internet search on Don, to try to see what was new in his LED world.

Don...you continue to be my hero!

Well done, my friend...well done!

Last edited:

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Guys...

This may actually be a December 27, 2016, newspaper article, based on the left column information, but it showed up today for me when I was doing an internet search on Don, to try to see what was new in his LED world. i have edited my first post accordingly.

In any event, time has not changed the fact that, from my vantage point, he still walks on water!

:D :thumbsup:

Last edited:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Nice story, Don is a real hero. I check all the wires everyday, and don't remember seeing this picked up anywhere else. It should have. Also, it would have been nice if the reporter had asked his occupation - as the most prolific maker of flashlights in the world.

Nevertheless, it is nice to read about what great work he does in his community.

Great job, Don!