Looking for a quality T-Shirt

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to find a medium to heavyweight cotton t-shirt with a strong neck hugging collar. Regular fit (not too tight) for athletic build, solid colors with or without pocket. I bought a number of quality t-shirts a decade ago at Cabelas that were perfect but they no longer carry them.

Thanks for the help.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
They cost more than some of my flashlights. But if you want them to last longer than a week (jockey) you have to pay

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want to cast a wide net so... Any experiences with ****ies or Russell?
Also, I'll need to try them on for the right fit so lacking a brick & mortar location nearby, a site with free returns like Amazon is required.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just want to say I've never owned a Duluth shirt. I love the socks and underwear but the pants are absolute crap. Maybe they got the shirts right too but I've quit spending money on their gear.

archimedes

Flashaholic
No idea about Duluth pants, but the shirts I've tried of theirs have lasted better than most. Not very stylish, but wear like iron.

Which pants were a problem ?

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want to cast a wide net so... Any experiences with ****ies or Russell?
Also, I'll need to try them on for the right fit so lacking a brick & mortar location nearby, a site with free returns like Amazon is required.

I guess we all should have asked, is this casual attire? Work attire? It really does matter in this case haha. Because the poster above me is right, some of the fruit of the loom shirts really do last forever and can be had for a couple bucks. I've got some that are at least 10 years old and the collars still haven't stretched or sagged at all.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess we all should have asked, is this casual attire? Work attire? It really does matter in this case haha. Because the poster above me is right, some of the fruit of the loom shirts really do last forever and can be had for a couple bucks. I've got some that are at least 10 years old and the collars still haven't stretched or sagged at all.

Casual usage, many times under denim, flannel shirts, etc. in cooler weather. Would have seen some usage during my annual high sierra fishing weekend in a few days...
Haven't really done any meaningful work since I retired :D

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ended up trying a ****ies from Amazon and it is heavy duty and true to size. Maybe a little too coarse a fabric for casual wear, more a "work-type" shirt.

PartyPete

Enlightened
As an undershirt or for regular use?

I bought an Under Armour t-shirt many years back when they first came out...the kind with the stretchy moisture wicking material. Gotta be getting close to 10 years old now. It's held up amazing as an undershirt - still nice and snug and comfortable. Neck has stretched a bit but otherwise no rips, tears or defects.

I have a regular cotton UA shirt that's a few years old and decent as well. Seems of similar quality.

Of course stuff like Hanes and Fruit of the Loom are cheap...and occasionally do last, but you never know. I've had some for years with no defects and others look ratty after 8 months.