Jetbeam        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who has gone 150 MPH on a Motorcycle?

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, New York City Manhattan

Default Who has gone 150 MPH on a Motorcycle?

Well, I will start...I have, many times!!!

Who else?
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

Default Re: Who has gone 150 MPH on a Motorcycle?

I have also. A whole lot up until about 1 year ago.

Honorable mention @ 130?

This is a very irresponsible post to put out there. Who knows how many impressionable young people will take the challenge and try and top this. Now that Iíve put the disclaimer out there, me too. Or, I used to on my way home from work at rascals comedy club. It was all downhill on the interstate on my ninja so it was pretty easy. I used to lay down on the bike to cut down wind resistance. One night, i flew past a trooper doing around 140. He turned his emergency lights on then off again to get my attention. Like a dummy, I lifted my head up and almost got ripped off the bike from the wind pressure. I stopped doing that...
    a single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows- St. Francis of Assissi

Downhill?! Thatís too easy , I was going uphill, in the snow, both ways.

I remember gettting a ticket for doing 160 mph in my early 20's, long long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLED View Post
    Well, I will start...I have, many times!!!

Who else?
    i one aite a box of captain crunch in the rain while crying about my latest break up
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Maybe I have and maybe I haven't. Either way I wouldn't feel the need to call attention to it. Who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Tejasandre View Post
    Downhill?! Thatís too easy , I was going uphill, in the snow, both ways.
    Me too, only I was going sideways.
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

165mph. Stupid. Crazy. Good times in my early 20s. You can get killed walking your doggie.
    GOOD TINT!

i have not, but i did ride the wall of death, even thou i was not going more than 40, if was one of a kind experience.

...at what speed does the name change from motorcycle to donor cycle?

I sure hope that this is being done on a closed course otherwise that would be "court appearance" illegal.

Sure the rush of being propelled at those speeds would be adrenaline inducing, but one patch of sand or a critter coming across your path and that rush turns into a struggle for life.
    THRUNITE > Archer1AV2|TiS|TH20|TN4A Hi...all in neutral white
    YUJILEDS BC Series 95+ HiCRI
    > Sofirn C01|Dorcy Penlight (modded)
    XTARVC4, LCTBC500, Amaloops, 1999MAG-LITE 2D Incandescent(glass lens) ... E01

Nope. That would be illegal.

I did play Excite Bike a few times though.
    John 3:16

Sometime motorcyclist take others out with their donor-cycle.

Maintain the posted speed limit while on publec roadways, otherwise, you're a menace to society.

Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Flashaholic

>120 mph on any public road in any vehicle is a loserís game.

It just occured to me the RED may have done it on a race track....

A friend of mine had a crotch rocket for a while. He said at 120 (on a track) his back cramped and he sat up. He said the cramp was better than being a parachute and layed back down really quickly.

Yes, on a track. VERY SCARY. Run off areas and walls loom very quickly. On a public road, NEVER. Irresponsible and a danger to myself and others. Not saying we shouldn't have bikes capable of that, moreso that we should accept the fact that we will come off second best in the event of an accident, and that we should have the appropriate mindset when riding a motorcycle. We've all seen the idiots on YouTube vids who are just crazy when astride a motorcycle.

I have a car that can go 150, but that just means I can go the speed limit in 3rd (outta 5) gear.

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    I have a car that can go 150, but that just means I can go the speed limit in 3rd (outta 5) gear.
    Most sport bikes these days can do 80 in first gear, out of six.
    Hello darkness my old friend,
    I've come to talk with you again...
    I liked neutral tints before they were cool.

Flashaholic

And thatís the way your DNA wonít be passed on...

I've had one encounter with the human eraser (blacktop). Suffice to say, it left a sufficient impression.

Flashaholic*

Yes. I lack the self control for a motorcycle anymore, so I had to sell it. I miss it, but know what riding in the nationís capital would have ended up causing.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Azmodius View Post
    Yes. I lack the self control for a motorcycle anymore, so I had to sell it. I miss it, but know what riding in the nationís capital would have ended up causing.
    I miss mine too, but probably done for good. A 20mph accident can put you down for good. In a car, most likely just a bruise from the damn air bag.
    GOOD TINT!

I just need to Get my bikes back on the toad. Kidís been taking all my time since he joined the family.

Ya'll are crazy. Fastest I've ever been in a car is probably 95 for a few seconds and even that starts to make your mortality flash before your eyes. Helmet or not--- you're not frolicking in the meadows for long if you start to wobble on a crotch-rocket at 150mph.

Flashaholic*

95 is cruising speed for something German. An Audi (or Porsche) at 120 feels like a Chevy at 30. Theyíre fun, but still not bike level exhilaration.

Aw, come on guy's, what is wrong with going fast, I took my wife, then girl friend, 130 mph as a passenger, and she loved it. Went from zero to over 80 with my daughter on the back in less than 3 seconds...

And, no I never did track days. I have special roads with no cross traffic to do my speed runs! I did get to drive my rental car around Daytona, and they told me to not go under 45-50 mph or it would slide off the banks. That was at another job I had in the 80's.

If if you have not gone over 100 mph, you have not really lived!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedLED View Post
    Aw, come on guy's, what is wrong with going fast, I took my wife, then girl friend, 130 mph as a passenger, and she loved it. Went from zero to over 80 with my daughter on the back in less than 3 seconds...

And, no I never did track days. I have special roads with no cross traffic to do my speed runs! I did get to drive my rental car around Daytona, and they told me to not go under 45-50 mph or it would slide off the banks. That was at another job I had in the 80's.

If if you have not gone over 100 mph, you have not really lived!!
    i had a 1970 cb750 it was crazy fast
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Come on Holmes, you had to go over a hundred and something? With a CB 750!

Not saying it's safe or smart, but if you've never ridden a crotch rocket....70mph to 150mph is so quick it really doesn't seem like a big deal. It is, but it isn't. Hard to explain. On a wide open highway, you roll on the throttle and you're up there before you know it, then back down to cruising speed, within seconds. Sure you can get killed in those seconds. My advice is, don't.
    GOOD TINT!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast