Titanium TCR-1 empty weight, no clip:
aFz2ZyJ.jpg

Aluminium RRT-01 and Eye10 empty weight, no clip:
EGf5waF.jpg

Los Cuatro Amigos:
28rn0wZ.jpg

Sus Ojos:
YYbh0rL.png

As usual CRX went the extra 5 miles beyond the call of duty and put a high polish on the Ti Host, added a spring bypass,
RMDCKo0.png

and glow powder in the tail…
UNyQZPQ.jpg

bling!

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you all for sharing my shopping joy.

I dont know what reflector CRX put in the TCR-1, Im not sure he does either, it was something he had in his parts bin. Some people are researching reflector options for the Jetbeams, nothing conclusive yet.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
fwiw, the control ring on my TCR-1 still has the original grease, and it had become stiff, and hard to turn the dial.

I added a drop of Nano Oil, and worked it in, and that helped, but it was still stiffer than I wanted, and still had some Titanium gritty spots. The body and head threads were also Titanium Gritty.

So I took a chance and bought some Monky Spunk. Im not affiliated, just a fan. It worked better than I expected, no more gritty spots, nice smooth buttery dial feel, and the body and head threads no longer squeak and grind, they feel nice and smooth..

Makes me smile every time I turn the dial.

ven

Flashaholic
Very nice jon, congrats on a beauty. CRX does amazing work, always above and beyond any expectation.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks ven

I agree completely, CRX is an Artiste ;-)

I love this TCR-1.
The LED CRX installed is my favorite, the glow he added to the tail works really well, and he did an awesome job polishing the host. He also went beyond the call of duty, by modifying a Kershaw clip to fit the light without interfering with the rotary dial the way the stock clip did.

I feel very fortunate, in every way, to have had his help modding this light for me.

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
what model of reflector

kaidomain has a reflector that works very well with 219b LEDs, pictured on left
on the right is the stock XM-L reflector
oiSDMj4l.jpg

fits NiteEye Eye10 TiC (pictured), Jetbeam TCR-1, and Original 2012 Jetbeam RRT-01,

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had an alkaleak ruin my TCR-1, I'm really bummed. I'd love to pick up another, it was one of my favorite lights.

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
if you have the host, maybe it can be repaired

how bad is it?
I'll have to have someone look at it, but it doesn't light up at all. Hopefully it can be cleaned up and fixed. It's not corroded on the contact at all. I want to have a Samsung or Nichia swapped into it.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll have to have someone look at it, but it doesn't light up at all. Hopefully it can be cleaned up and fixed. It's not corroded on the contact at all. I want to have a Samsung or Nichia swapped into it.

both are popular choices
Im partial to nichia, but tastes differ

will send you a PM about repair options