Klarus        

Thread: Batman searchlight for firehouse

Unenlightened

Default Batman searchlight for firehouse

Hello everybody. Hopefully I am posting this in right place.
    We are bunch of firefighters in San Francisco and were wondering if itís possible or even doable to have a searchlight shining up on the night sky with our logo on it . Would appreciate any input . We are in San Francisco . I am electrical contractor and we just need some advice etc on a limited budget . Wondering if this is even doable
    thank you

Down the street from Cree HQ in Durham, NC

Default Re: Batman searchlight for firehouse

As a first test you might consider a slide projector pointed upward just to see what happens. If that works you'll probably need one a whole lot bigger than that to do what you want. If I recall correctly an aspheric lens on a flashlight will project the image of an LED at a great distance. Either way I think it's going to be all about the lens.
    Last edited by BigusLightus; 04-30-2019 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishman View Post
    Hello everybody. Hopefully I am posting this in right place.
    We are bunch of firefighters in San Francisco and were wondering if itís possible or even doable to have a searchlight shining up on the night sky with our logo on it . Would appreciate any input . We are in San Francisco . I am electrical contractor and we just need some advice etc on a limited budget . Wondering if this is even doable
    thank you
    I have the Project Flashlight AN/TVS-3 searchlights (which have been to multiple SF events) - beams visible across the city and beyond. The batman logo is movie fiction, a logo you either need a projector or a lumographic lens, which is doable but quite expensive (likely $10k+) for what you're looking for. Feel free to PM me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in order to see the logo, there must be something it is projected against? I mean, in and of itself, what is the difference an observer on the ground would see between a simple searchlight beam, and one beaming the logo. Without something, a cloud, fog, smog, to shine against, both would just appear as a beam of light.
    Remember, Two is One, and One is None!.

Looks like Batman only comes out on cloudy nights.
    P
    Peter's shopping list:- HDS / Oveready 170N Exec/LE and an Oveready V4 Nichia Drop In. Otherwise I'm content. Want want want, that's me.