Maxtorch        

Thread: there's to many sad tv shows and movies

Default there's to many sad tv shows and movies

there' should be a warning for sad content. thiese shows take me to a very dark place
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Default Re: there's to many sad tv shows and movies

Maybe the problem is just the opposite - maybe there should be warnings on the very happy shows indicating to viewers that the program might give them unrealistic expectations about their own life, if taken to be a realistic representation of life for a majority of human beings.
    "However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -- Stanley Kubrick

Quote Originally Posted by raggie33 View Post
    there' should be a warning for sad content. thiese shows take me to a very dark place
    Truly.
    Perhaps less TV in one's life is in order?

We used to watch tv to escape the real world.

One day realism began to creep in, then smut, because shows were deemed too violent so they had to keep audiences interested.

The lines between real and fantasy on tv have been at least blurred but erased in many cases.

When I was a kid you rooted for the good guy and hissed at the bad guy. Gunsmoke for example. Now days they have you cheering for mobsters and doubting the good guys. American Gangster, and Narcos for examples.
    John 3:16

...if sad means pathetic and worthless...I couldn't agree more.
    THRUNITE > Archer1AV2|TiS|TH20|TN4A Hi...all in neutral white
    YUJILEDS BC Series 95+ HiCRI
    > Sofirn C01|Dorcy Penlight (Yuji modded)
    XTARVC4, LCTBC500, Amaloops, 1999 MAG-LITE 2D Incandescent(glass lens) Petzl Tikkina 80L ..... E01

There are also more inspirational and happy shows readily available than most people can watch in a lifetime, with more being made all the time.

Choose wisely what you allow in your head. We started by banning all TV news in the house. Has worked well for the last 35 years.

Agreed mr islander. It's been about 20 years since I unplugged.

I get my news from radio or from coworkers. Yesterday I tried to read a USA today sports section but every article was an adgenda by the author and I couldn't make it through the first paragraph.
    Some days I listen to music and no radio at all if I feel my attitude trying to slide downhill. I figure if we're being invaded somebody at work will let me know.

Regarding tv, heck I went about 5 years at one point without even plugging it in at one house I lived in.

Hobbies. Crafts. Projects. Even when I lived in an apartment I did not watch cable tv (before streaming).
    Last edited by bykfixer; 05-02-2019 at 02:13 PM.

Top gear ďukĒ is the only show I make a point to watch.found it by accident and been a fan ever sense.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

That and the Weather Channel are all my son watches.

Our two sons (19 and 21) haven't watched TV for about ten years. When they did their viewing was strictly limited. Today they couldn't care less about TV and movies. The age of telivision is coming to an end. The internet rules the future.
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

My kids donít watch tv except for conan and an occasional movie. I just watch the amazing world of gumball since thatís usually the only thing that amuses me in the limited time Iím home. Donít even know why Iím paying for cable tv when all we use is internet service.
    a single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows- St. Francis of Assissi

"Mr. Stark, I don't feel so good.."

I have a 2 year old, all I get to watch is puppy dog pals & gigantosaurous.

Iíve gradually walked away from tv to the point that I just donít watch it anymore. I really cannot name one regular series that is on right now. Occasionally, weather will keep us indoors at work, and a handful of people will be watching some reality/csi whatever show. Iíll sit in for a minute or two and wonder how people can watch such mind numbing nonsense.
    Get off the tube, get off the phone, and talk to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Tejasandre View Post
    I have a 2 year old, all I get to watch is puppy dog pals & gigantosaurous.
    Try Wild Kratts. Our 9 year old son still watches it after about 6 years or so. We watch PBS Nature and Nova some and Master Chef Junior.

Zoboomafoo!!!
    a single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows- St. Francis of Assissi

Quote Originally Posted by KITROBASKIN View Post
    Try Wild Kratts. Our 9 year old son still watches it after about 6 years or so. We watch PBS Nature and Nova some and Master Chef Junior.
    Mrs Yeti was a judge on Junior Materchef, The production company was based up here and the crew used to come and eat in our restaurant. We both had a fun expenses paid weekend when she filmed that.
    P
    Peter's shopping list:- HDS / Oveready 170N Exec/LE and an Oveready V4 Nichia Drop In. Otherwise I'm content. Want want want, that's me.

I do not understand the issue. You donít like a show ó you do not watch it, where is the problem? Especially having in mind how many torrent resources there are available where you may pick almost anything to your taste.

Quote Originally Posted by peter yetman View Post
    Mrs Yeti was a judge on Junior Materchef, The production company was based up here and the crew used to come and eat in our restaurant. We both had a fun expenses paid weekend when she filmed that.
    P
    HA! How cool is that?!
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

And I think they paid her as well.
    Ha!
    P
    Peter's shopping list:- HDS / Oveready 170N Exec/LE and an Oveready V4 Nichia Drop In. Otherwise I'm content. Want want want, that's me.

Quote Originally Posted by vadimax View Post
    I do not understand the issue. You donít like a show ó you do not watch it, where is the problem? Especially having in mind how many torrent resources there are available where you may pick almost anything to your taste.
    Well I did not know it was sad till I saw it
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

That Sir, is the correct answer.
    P

Quote Originally Posted by raggie33 View Post
    Well I did not know it was sad till I saw it
    I am a prophet: they will be sad till 2020, perhaps, 2024. So you may easily turn your TV off for 6 years.

I recommend Parks and Recreation. Always cheers me up.
    Hello darkness my old friend,
    I've come to talk with you again...
    I liked neutral tints before they were cool.