ARC4 second on ebay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
i was checking out ebay and checked the Arcs. there was an Arc4 second that i saw a few days back now its at $132.50!!
i hope those bidders know what a second means! it say second in the title and has the Arc website in the description.
at the Arc website, the LS page doesnt show the seconds, it only shows the premium/standards of the models. the seconds are on another page. so i hope those bidders arent getting confused. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
The light is accurately described as a second with no factory warranty, I don't see any deception in the auction listing. Of course it probably wouldn't go this high if Peter made it a little easier to find the seconds on the Arc website.

Not everyone is a savvy as us CPF'ers, and Ebay buyers can be a strange lot. Some of them seem think that just because it's listed on eBay it's gotta be a "good deal". Some people just don't do their homework before they buy, and they end up spending alot more than they need to. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif

At any rate, it looks like John has himself a nice little sideline going on there with the parts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peter

metalhed

Enlightened
I was the first one to bid at a lowball $50.00 when it first appeared. It was worth it just to see the thing on my e-bay page. I smile everytime I log in to e-bay and see the price this thing is up to.

No offense intended or anything, but what a hoot!

Caveat Emptor!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

nightgaunt

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
KingSmono said:
Well...not to stray off topic, but people really don't read all the details when buying anything on e-bay... Take this for instance!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man! That is pretty bad. I hope the guy reads a little better next time. I might be posting all the boxes to my electronic toys, now!! LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
We've been around the block on the apple box, but like Peter notes, John's description is completely accurate and provides full disclosure. I mean, he even provides the link to Arc's site! And beamshots, too.

You'll constantly see people pay more than list on ebay, and I understand the feeling when you get into a bidding war, it spurs you on to bid more than you originally thought you would, and damn the consequences. Well, here we see the consequences.

daloosh

p.s. $137.50 now

Spike

Newly Enlightened
I have made several purchases from John and he provides a quick and honest service, he could not have given a better description of the Arc4. It is surprising that people will bid so much but clearly the Arc4 is a better buy than an empty box /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif

stockwiz

Enlightened
why am I not doing this? I could be making a substantial profit in percent terms by purchasing lots of seconds and reselling them.

georget98

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
stockwiz said:
why am I not doing this? I could be making a substantial profit in percent terms by purchasing lots of seconds and reselling them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Often if I buy a small item online I buy 2 and sell one on ebay -- saves shipping and sometimes pays for both with a profit.

I teach an ebay class at the local night school and we talk about why people pay more, sometimes much more, than retail on ebay.

They don't feel like driving to the store, they can't order online because they don't have a credit card, they had one as a kid and their mother threw it out, they've never seen one in their life and think it's neat, they have no idea where such a thing can be bought (and think Google is a big number) and maybe in this case they think the seller has some special deal with the big flashlight factory and gets their seconds exclusively.

Of course there's bidding fever. Some people have to be the high bidder at all times. Everytime they're outbid they go raise again.

And when that $99.00 flashlight sells for $196.00, remember there was someone else willing to pay $195.00.

Usually in the class auctions we sell something brand new from Wal-Mart. Famous brand flashlights always sell for a profit.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif Sorry, I'm lecturing again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

glenthemole

Newly Enlightened
An ebay night class!!

Thats one class I'd really like to attend. Wish we had classes like that near me. You're not considering doing an online version are you...

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
glenthemole said:
An ebay night class!!

Thats one class I'd really like to attend. Wish we had classes like that near me. You're not considering doing an online version are you...

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif
Klaus

metalhed

Enlightened
$142.50 and counting...

Maybe it's a lucky number thing. The prospective buyer wants #0172...maybe? Kinda funny since I have an LS standard with #172...hmmm. Maybe I should e-mail the winner with an offer on my LS.

Nahhh...

KingSmono

Enlightened
I bet 357 would like your Arc4 #357! haha Oh, and there's ANOTHER Arc4 (second) that's BIN price is 200...PLUS he'll throw in 6 Surefire Batteries! what a steal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

metalhed

Enlightened
What a deal!!!
Where's my credit card???
I hope nobody beats me to it!!!

BTW, if the seller of the second (second--$200 BIN) is a CPF'er... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Well, I *am* running out webspace (there were 4 or 5MB when the Arc4 first came out; now I'm down to a few hundred K), so I ought to try and snag this one now and get it on my website before I run completely out of webspace. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I'd be willing to pass it on to Chris M., Brock N., and Doug P. so they can put it on their websites too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Of course I'd want it back eventually, but no hurry. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Looks like I just won myself another #$*%ing flashlight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Sorry Metalhed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Surefireparts is selling another one though, so don't give up just yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
The URL is right here if you're interested.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, I'm confused. Why did Craig just spend 152.50 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif on an Arc 4 second? What did I miss here? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I must have missed something. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Peter

chiaroscuro

Enlightened
I'm mystified. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif Surely,someone on CPF with an extra Arc4 could have lent him one,preferably a 4+ first( sorry,Craig,I only have one and it's surgically attached).

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would have happily loaned him one if he had only asked.

But, what's wrong with one direct from Arc for $99? I mean, WTF? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.