Maxtorch        
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: BLF/TLF FW3A - now available

Default Re: BLF/TLF FW3A - now available

That little o-ring isn't there for water resistance. It's just there to provide some friction to keep the clip from rotating. I recommend just sticking it back in the light as-is. Even broken it should still be able to fulfill its function.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw18 View Post
    That little o-ring isn't there for water resistance. It's just there to provide some friction to keep the clip from rotating. I recommend just sticking it back in the light as-is. Even broken it should still be able to fulfill its function.
    Thanks! I noticed immediately that the clip did slide a little. I tried to reinstall it, but it does not stick. Not the end of the world, but I would like to pick a few up if anyone knows where I can find them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any hardware store should have them.
    "America has three cities, New York, San Francisco and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland."- Tennessee Williams

The FW3A is close to replacing my NC HC30 as my daily EDC. If I could get a few more in different colors, it would be.

My thought is not based on looks alone. Though the FW3A is a handsome little light, it is as fun as it is functional.

For fun, I really like the candle mode. And I really enjoy a rear clicky.

Per function, I like lockout mode and the bright useable beam. I remember lock / unlock by the following, ďfor safetyĒ. That is, four (4 - safety) clicks to put the light into safe mode and another four (4 - use) clicks to take the light out of safe mode. To explain what I mean as a useable beam requires the following practical example.

I took the trash out the other night. Yes, just so I could have an excuse to use my new flashlight. But then I had to temporarily use both hands. So I easily took advantage of the lightís clip and quickly, simply pocked the light; without effort or even looking. Just as I used my now free hands to spin around the garbage can, something approached me, low to the ground, and from my blind side. Without as much as a thought, I whipped the light out of where I had just pocketed it and double-clicked the button. I appreciated that the first click gave me light right where I was aiming and appreciated even more that, without moving my aim, the second click gave the intruder a blast of light.

By-the-bye, the ďintruderĒ turned out only to be a friendly neighborhood kitty-cat who was merely investigating the commotion I was causing. Thought the kitty did take a moment to rub up against me, I donít think she had any appreciation for the bright light I had the intuition to blast but not the good since to turn down. For, she sauntered off as easily as she had drifted in.

I, on the other hand, did then and do now appreciate the light. Let me iterate, I cannot overrun the switch. Safety back inside, I tried but could not. And, taking advantage of the clever way actions are consistently handled, I also had fun playing with candle mode.

Though the FW3A itís not what I would call a ďtacticalĒ flashlight. The UI is well thought out and the SW is perfectly responsive. Itís a blaster which can be easily tuned by simply switching out the optics. And, thought I prefer a snowy white beam, there are a few LED choices available.

Now if I could get a few more in different colors.
    Last edited by LedTed; 07-23-2019 at 06:41 PM.
    Enjoy the light show - LedTed

Quote Originally Posted by LedTed View Post

Now if I could get a few more in different colors.
    Indeed, you can get it in several colors (soon), and polished copper (now)!

Last edited by JimIslander; 07-23-2019 at 07:09 PM.

Does anyone make a deep carry clip for the FW3A? That's the only thing that's missing imo.
    "America has three cities, New York, San Francisco and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland."- Tennessee Williams

According to Neilsgadgets, the FW3X is available for preorder, to be tentatively shipped on August 20th, in various materials and colors.

What's the main difference between the Nichia and SST20 option? Aren't they both great CRI and about the same brightness?

There is something about it on Reddit. Just Google your question and hit the Reddit link.

is the cree hi version use pretty newer eficent leds?
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

I ordered mine from Nealsgadget a week ago. I installed the battery in per instructions. It does NOT turn on, no light, nothing. Did I get a dud? I charged, re-charge the blue battery it came with, no difference. Went on Amazon and ordered the premium Japanese ORBTRONIC battery brand and flashlight still does not work.

Have you checked to make sure you've not locked the light out?
    4 clicks from off will toggle the electronic lockout.
    P
    Peter's shopping list:- HDS / Oveready 170N Exec/LE and an Oveready V4 Nichia Drop In. Otherwise I'm content. Want want want, that's me.

Quote Originally Posted by peter yetman View Post
    Have you checked to make sure you've not locked the light out?
    4 clicks from off will toggle the electronic lockout.
    P

How would I unlock it (if it was lockout)? When I twist the top end on, there is a momentary light but once it's screwed secured on, clicking the back end does nothing.

im haveing a hect of a time locking mine love the light but i need to be able to lock it
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by joot View Post
    How would I unlock it (if it was lockout)? When I twist the top end on, there is a momentary light but once it's screwed secured on, clicking the back end does nothing.

4 clicks from off will turn off the lockout feature. Also loosen the head and then try to tighten the tail, then tighten the head. Plenty have reported the tail being loose upon delivery.

is this light pretty battery runtime good?

You know Iím going to order one of these I think. What 18650 are most using?
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Due to: current requirements, fitment, and shipping - I went with what nealsgadgets had as an add on to my order.

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    You know Iím going to order one of these I think. What 18650 are most using?
    I'm running Samsung INR18650-25R's (principally because I already had them for my Emisars); Samsung INR18650-30Q's would surely be a better choice since peak current delivery doesn't matter so much on a platform like the FW3A which thermally throttles promptly.
    I apologize that this letter is so long; I did not have time to write a short letter

Quote Originally Posted by joot View Post
    I ordered mine from Nealsgadget a week ago. I installed the battery in per instructions. It does NOT turn on, no light, nothing. Did I get a dud? I charged, re-charge the blue battery it came with, no difference. Went on Amazon and ordered the premium Japanese ORBTRONIC battery brand and flashlight still does not work.
    One thing to try is loosening the head, then tightening the tail firmly, then re-tightening the head.

It's a simple enough assembly detail to fix, but has been a common problem, because if not assembled by tightening the tail first, the battery switch signal tube might not make good contact.

Also, it is design to have the battery inserted by removing the head, not the tail.

I've been enjoying this light for a couple weeks now. Had some friends over on the deck one night and both the candle mode and lightning mode were enjoyed by all. Something I never thought I would use.

Thinking about getting this for EDC
    Copper one looks really nice but the colored ones do too!
    Decisions decisions...

Received my FW3A.

I use an AW IMR18650 battery, is it a good choice for this light?

Lumintop FW3A.jpg

Flashaholic "Give me more lumens!" - Flashlight Addict -

Looks like an FW1A is now available on Neals site.

Quote Originally Posted by DAN92 View Post
    I use an AW IMR18650 battery, is it a good choice for this light?
    I think if it turns on, then it's good. I have a few protected batteries that don't work in it.
    -- || --

Quote Originally Posted by borealis View Post
    I think if it turns on, then it's good.
    Thanks for your message borealis.

Mostly, I use these unprotected batteries with my Oveready lights, But I will surely buy a 18650 Samsung INR18650-35E battery.

Quote Originally Posted by borealis View Post
    I have a few protected batteries that don't work in it.
    Normally, use an unprotected battery.

Flashaholic "Give me more lumens!" - Flashlight Addict -

Quote Originally Posted by joshk View Post
    What's the main difference between the Nichia and SST20 option? Aren't they both great CRI and about the same brightness?
    I believe the Nichia version gets hotter than the other emitter options. I know the SST20 is hotter than the XPL-Hi but if I recall correctly the Nichia is even hotter.
    that said, I tend to love all of my Nichia lights that Iíve had so far and I want an FW in Nichia at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by DAN92 View Post
    Thanks for your message borealis.

Mostly, I use these unprotected batteries with my Oveready lights, But I will surely buy a 18650 Samsung INR18650-35E battery.

Normally, use an unprotected battery.
    Have you found some protected cells that fit inside this light and allow it to work? The original thread about this light specifically calls out the need for u protected cells, and I havenít found any that meet the width/length requirements yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane32x View Post
    Have you found some protected cells that fit inside this light and allow it to work? The original thread about this light specifically calls out the need for u protected cells, and I havenít found any that meet the width/length requirements yet.
    Fenix 18650 fits perfect

Sent from Tapatalk

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456