in the kitchen with raggie

raggie33

*the raggedier*
man i cant cook im just trying tov mkae freid chciken i usaly use shake and bake this time i tryied useing flour with spices and diping chciken in milk and rolling in flour mixture lol what a disater first i mad e abig mess in kitchen but its been in oven like 1 hour almsot and the flour still kinda looks white. looks like mc donalds tonight . word of advice never eat ne thing i cook well i can make good hot saucelol

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTW you might want to marinate the chicken with some soy sauce and some sesame oil, some lemon or orange juice if you want, leave it to soak for 2 hours or more, preferbly overnight in the refridgerator.

Wares you need:

1 plastic/metal plate big enough for your chicken
1 plastic gloves if you don't like to dirty your hands

Seasoning:

Sesame oil
Soy Sauce
Pepper
Orange Juice/Lemon Juice/some acidic fruit jooze....

Finely Diced:
Ginger
Garlic
Onion

Marinate the chicken with the above mention items well. Add in the stuff in no particular order, just add in as you see fit. Leave it in the refridgerator for 2 hours or more

2 Eggs or more, depending on how much chicken you're eating, well scrambled in a bowl, egg white and yolk together. Add milk if you want, but not too much

Dip pieces of chicken in the scrambled egg, lift it out and put it into a plate of CornStarch/flour/Biscuit crumbs(make crumbs outta biscuit, around 1mm in size preferbly)

Put pieces of chicken in frying pan with Butter/Cooking Oil preheated till just below smoking point.

When chicken is cooked, lift outta pan, drain of oil on some paper towel or something, cut some tomatoes/lettuce/other crunchy vegetables, have some sliced bread ready, tah dah, chicken sandwich! Add cheese if desired and put everythign in oven and have the bread slightly crisp. Not brown, but crisp.

Disclaimer:
I make up the above myself and will not accept responsiblity if you get burnt, or are injured during any of the process, or fall in after eating the food prepared according to the following instructions.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TheBeam

Enlightened
Take 2 pieces of bread, load lots & lots of peanut butter on one. Take the other piece and apply thick layer of jelly. Eat as is, or stuff with potato chips.

No kidding, I had 2 of these for breakfast and am about to make 1 or 2 more for dinner.

Lucien

Enlightened
Or if you want to go fish:

1 Salmon steak, rub with a little salt, some cracked pepper and basil (to taste), and bake for about 20 min at 180C.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
the most advanced thing i've ever made is cook 'n serve pudding.

decided to make it more enjoyable with some:
bannanna extract
almond extract
cinnimon
vanilla
coconut extract
brandy extract
and a substance who's name i can't remember...

it wasn't all that good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
who'da thunk? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Negeltu

Enlightened
Chicken rolled in flour and baked in the Oven doesn't turn out well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Use bread crumbs or something if you're gonna do it that way...hehe

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great fun, Raggie. The title of this thread would make a great title for a TV show on PBS. In fact the whole idea is a good one. If you get your own show, I'll certainly watch it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Paul

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
PaulW said:
Great fun, Raggie. The title of this thread would make a great title for a TV show on PBS. In fact the whole idea is a good one. If you get your own show, I'll certainly watch it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Paul

[/ QUOTE ]

me too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beer... always marinate with beer, can never go wrong, trust me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Besides, you can actually finish up what's left after you marinate!

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
TheBeam said:
Take 2 pieces of bread, load lots & lots of peanut butter on one. Take the other piece and apply thick layer of jelly...

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer a big jar of peanut butter, a big jar of jelly, and a big spoon.

Brightnorm

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well this time i got some of them dry beans has 15 types a drys beans in a bag i cleaned em soaked them and beeen cooking them for like 4 hours added sausage , onions,salt pepper garlic and toamtoes . and added this ham flaverd stuff that came with dry beans so far it tase good but beans are still kinda hard

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Making me hungry raggie! If ya soaked the beans overnight (?), and they've been cooking for 4 hours, I'd sure think they wouldn't be hard. I bought a dry chili mix one time and no matter how long it was cooked and recooked - those beans stayed rather hard. I never had that happen before...and won't buy that particular chili mix again! I prefer making my own anyway!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i was going to soak en i kinda wish i have.i keep eating it though it aint done its is very good im suprised

lambo

Newly Enlightened
Raggie, next time put the salt in toward the end. Beans cooked with salt from the beginning can take forever to get soft, if they ever do. Not sure why, just the way it works.

I'd bet the sausage and the ham-flavoring have salt in them, too, so leave those for toward the last half hour or so.

You can bypass the overnight soaking, by the way, by boiling the beans for two minutes, turning off the burner, and then letting them sit, covered, for an hour. Then proceed with the recipe. (Draining the beans and starting the recipe with new water can also cut down on gaseous emissions, but you lose some vitamins and flavor.)

(I like cooking almost as much as flashlights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i love watching cooking shows but i still cant cook lol. i just like seeing all the good food.now my dad he can cook awesume inside and outside.and he is a super shoper so he gets like the best cut a meat very cheap next time ill add salt last.

lambo

Newly Enlightened
It's like any other skill, you only pick it up by doing it yourself, not watching how it's done. (My sister-in-law watches the Food Network all the time, but she's still a lousy cook. Don't tell her I said that, LOL. And of course thanks to those da*ned decorating shows, her whole house is sponge-painted.)

Keep practicing. I can't tell you how many bad meals I made -- including many batches of baked beans that cooked all day and were still hard -- before getting halfway decent at it.