DIY diffuser

sito

Newly Enlightened
does anyone use DIY diffuser ? how do you make one?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Depends on the light, really. Lots of ways to do it also depending on how much dispersion is sought after. An opaque Scotch tape over the lens to white-ish water bottle caps to film canisters to spraying a smooth reflector with clear engine enamel for orange peel to name a few.

White plastic grocery back segment wrapped around the lens held on by a rubber band would be easy too.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
I wouldn't exactly say I "made" this diffuser, but just look around for bottle caps that work ...

5sRe9T1.jpg

Last edited:

sito

Newly Enlightened
Depends on the light, really. Lots of ways to do it also depending on how much dispersion is sought after. An opaque Scotch tape over the lens to white-ish water bottle caps to film canisters to spraying a smooth reflector with clear engine enamel for orange peel to name a few.

White plastic grocery back segment wrapped around the lens held on by a rubber band would be easy too.
OK. Thanks for the tip

Sos24

Enlightened
I wouldn't call it a DIY, so much as utilizing something I already have that was designed for a different purpose.

I had purchased a bag of ZenToes gel toe caps when I had a toe injury. It can stretch to fit different lights and be trimmed to use similar to a lantern or flat against the lens.
c1900dbf299e87ffd54e411395267d6a.jpg

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
And the 2019 award for most creative DIY diffuser goes to:

Sos24

...brilliant !

I only wish I was aware of this sooner...and I bought an actual silicon flashlight diffuser for $5......pfftt...now I can by them 6/$10 and have it fit my AAA and AA lights...:thumbsup: