Quark AA Titanium Question

ironhorse

Enlightened
I recently purchased an AA Titanium Quark.
How many levels did they have?
This one has 2. My regular Quark AA has 3 or 4 levels.

Will it handle a 14500?

Thanks.

• Modes: Regular has 8 output modes (2 with tightened bezel, 6 with loosened bezel). Tactical will also come in 8 possible output levels, but in a single programmable mode for each bezel state.
  • Regular has a reverse clicky switch, recessed to allow tailstanding. Tactical versions with have a protruding forward clicky
  • Regular comes on Moonlight (bezel loosened) or Turbo (bezel tightened) with no mode memory.
  • Quark AA: Uses 1 x AA alkaline / NiMH rechargeable / 3.7V 14500 battery (0.9V~4.2V)
The above explanation is from one of Selfbuilt's reviews. -#1

The Quark you purchased is a regular. Try loosening the head and giving the switch a few half presses. I think you'll discover the answer to your question.

Enjoy.

Addendum: There's always a possibility you have a regular tail-switch (flush not proud) attached to a tactial head. Some of these lights, sans numbers, were constructed from spare parts. Mine has a tactical switch and a regular head.

Last edited:

ironhorse

Enlightened
Flush tail switch.
Blue button.
No Serial number.
Head loose, low. Head tightened high.
Does not respond to half presses with head tightened or loosened. (I have a aluminum Quark AA, so I am familiar with the operation.)
If it is a tactical, would that just be low and high controlled by tightening and loosening the head only?

Edit:
It is a tactical. I found programming instructions.

Last edited:
Flush tail switch.
Blue button.
No Serial number.
Head loose, low. Head tightened high.
Does not respond to half presses with head tightened or loosened. (I have a aluminum Quark AA, so I am familiar with the operation.)
If it is a tactical, would that just be low and high controlled by tightening and loosening the head only?

Edit:
It is a tactical. I found programming instructions.

I hope my efforts to assist you proved somewhat helpful.

ironhorse

Enlightened
I hope my efforts to assist you proved somewhat helpful.

Yes you did help. It led me to determine that it is a Tactical head with a regular switch.

One strange thing about it, with the head tight, I can only program it to low or medium. With the head loose, I can program any mode. So I set it up tight is medium and loose is turbo. Backwards from my regular, but whatever works I guess.