the most scared ya been with out light?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well for me it was when i was out on a 1970 cb750 at night doing around 100 on a windy road pitch dark night all of suuden my headlight went out i trully thought it was my last night i thought i was doomed for sure cause road was windy and i was going very very fast on a very old bike it was like 30 years old at the time and kinda not in great shapewell i kinda recalled the angles of the curves haead and slowly applied break . then all a suyden light came back on. i still get jitters lol drove home like 20 miles a hour man that bike was fast btw

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
definitely when i was @ my Uncle's house in Orrington, ME.. he lives farther out in the boonies than i do..

he'd recently been having problems with the bears ripping apart his gigantic heavy duty trashcans! (you should've seen the claw marks)..

i had run outside to go to the bathroom 'cause @ night i don't like to go upstairs where everyone else is sleeping, and i stepped around the corner to take a leak.. on the opposite side of the house his dog started flipping out! barking it's teeth out!

i didn't know what was going on and i didn't have a flashlight since i was just stepping around the corner (now i know better).. as soon as i stepped out of the reach of the dim light spilling out the screen door i couldn't hardly see a thing..

so i walk over towards the dog kennel to make sure the dog is aright, and when i turn around there's a huge (@ least 300 lbs) black bear standing where i just took a leak by the doorway!

it started walking @ me, very confidently might i add, and i ended up running completely around the house (worrying there might be another bear), and made it inside! i got a flashlight (PT40, heh heh) and went upstairs to check the side of the house by the dog kennel and the bear was sniffing around where i had just been walking a moment b4.

i almost crapped my pants 'cause i couldn't hardly see a thing and i was afraid i'd trip or run into another bear. *sigh*

now i ALWAYS keep my Arc AAA in my pocket. ALWAYS.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
Solo camping in the Daniel Boone national park in the middle of the night. I heard something coming through the woods and breaking limbs of a good diameter and not too concerned with being quiet. I had my food up on a bear safe line in the trees. I am close to blind without my glasses,and dark has a new meaning when your really deep in the woods.I had no intention of turning on a light and attracting any attention to me in my tent. But I did rack a 3 inch deerslug into my noisemaker if what ever chose to pay me a personal and up close visit. I never did find out what it was and the rest of the trip was noneventful.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
one of the things that made me a flashaholic from a young age was my fear of the dark. a few hours ago i'd just finished watching the movie "they", and i was pretty freaked out by it. it kinda made me relieve all my childhood nightmares /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

anyway it was dark by the time i finished watching the movie, and i was in the kitchen, standing beside a lamp drinking some water. just then, the lamp started flickering and i nearly jumped out of my skin! thankfully i had my pelican M6 LED, though that probably wouldn't have offered much help (those of you who've watched the movie will understand) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BF Hammer

Enlightened
Well, this story is from about 12 years ago when my sister's 2 sons were boy scouts and her husband was a scoutleader. There was a planned 2-day bike trek on one of the trails many miles away. The dad and older son started at the beginning with the other scouts, the younger son had a school activity to complete and mom was going to ferry him up later in the day at a pre-determined rendevouz point along the trail. I volunteered to ride along to be company to my sister for the trip back home after dropping off her son. She is also on a life-long goal to visit each state park in Wisconsin at least once, so naturally she picked out a park to visit on the way back.

We arrived at the park mid-afternoon (this is early autumn) and pick a hiking trail and start hiking. The sky is overcast. We arrive just past the half-way point of the trail as I'm noticing just how quickly the sun must be setting behind the clouds, and realizing that there won't be any extended twilight or moonlight. I'm trying to hurry along my sister but the first leg of the trail was downhill, now the rest was uphill and she just couldn't hurry herself up at all, and frequently needed to stop for 5 minutes to catch her breath (long-time cigarette smoker). It was really getting dark now and I was starting to consider if we would need to gather firewood and stay overnight where we were, when we finally found the trail entrance. There was barely enough light to see where we were stepping at the time. I think I have EDC a light on my keychain ever since. That was simple lack of planning to not bring a flashlight from her mini-van along with the hike.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
My night vision isn't good to begin with. So I need a flashlight to get around. This is one reason I love LEDs, longer runtimes, and reliability.

I don't think I have been scared without a flashlight or headlamp, Though I would be petrified if I were in a place with NO ambient light at all, and stuck without a flashlight of some sort. Come to think on that, and I figure this could be the real reason I EDC my Infinity Ultra. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Back when I was un-enlightened my Aunt had a place out in the sticks.

When it got dark out there it was DARK! Had to walk down to near the lake a time or two, maybe 3/4 mile. Lucky the road was sand and stood out!

Wasn't ever scared however.

Going into an attic now, without light that is damn scary!