Imalent        
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 67 of 67

Thread: Lumintop/TLF/BLF FW3Avn - Most Compact Triple/Quad

  1. #61

    Default Re: Lumintop/TLF/BLF FW3Avn - Most Compact Triple/Quad

    Energizer,

    Just know what you are getting into. Any light with that triple optic and white 1mms will throw the same assuming they allow the same current. Both of those lights will almost immediately step down from max due to heat. Maybe a D4Ti swapped with a triple?

    I find myself less into these kinds of lights as "throwers" because they don't last at that max spec (or near it) for very long at all. Going out into the field to be truly wowed, I'd want a GTvn Micro or Mini, a Tool or Goliath with W1s. The impressiveness will last with those lights. With the high-output ones, it will fade quickly.

    You make some funny generalizations. You seem to greatly desire throw, but are going about it in a way that kinda robs it from you. Just want you to be aware of that, because these are great lights, but they just don't seem to be what you are after?

  2. #62

    Default Re: Lumintop/TLF/BLF FW3Avn - Most Compact Triple/Quad

    Quote Originally Posted by dotCPF View Post
    Energizer,

    Just know what you are getting into. Any light with that triple optic and white 1mms will throw the same assuming they allow the same current. Both of those lights will almost immediately step down from max due to heat. Maybe a D4Ti swapped with a triple?

    I find myself less into these kinds of lights as "throwers" because they don't last at that max spec (or near it) for very long at all. Going out into the field to be truly wowed, I'd want a GTvn Micro or Mini, a Tool or Goliath with W1s. The impressiveness will last with those lights. With the high-output ones, it will fade quickly.

    You make some funny generalizations. You seem to greatly desire throw, but are going about it in a way that kinda robs it from you. Just want you to be aware of that, because these are great lights, but they just don't seem to be what you are after?
    Already own the GTvn Micro W1, Goliath V2 W1, and Skylumen Delta. I know triples/quads donít last long but its a very usable beam pattern. I much prefer a filled throw spot. In my residential neighborhood, I canít politely use a typical reflector light because the spill area hits windows, cars, and front yards.

    We have different preferences for sure, thanks for your input. I am certainly looking for a 15 second turbo throw triple/quad with 2k+ lumens/50k+ CD under 30mm head for pocketability in dress clothes.

    Seems like FW3A may sadly be as close as Iíll get in 2019.

  3. #63

    Default Re: Lumintop/TLF/BLF FW3Avn - Most Compact Triple/Quad

    Ah that makes sense. Your focus on the numbers made it seem like you were looking at this purely for throw, not beam. Which is why I piped up. Carry on!

  4. #64

    Default Re: Lumintop/TLF/BLF FW3Avn - Most Compact Triple/Quad

    Can anyone who owns the FW3A in W1 provide their opinions compared with other lights such as the D4?

    How does it stand as far as wow-factor goes? I would imagine the W1 option is a popular choice. Any comments or insight is greatly appreciated! Iím currently sitting on the edge as to whether I should buy now or wait for the next best thing in its form factor.

  5. #65

    Default Re: Lumintop/TLF/BLF FW3Avn - Most Compact Triple/Quad

    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyownEnergizer250lumen View Post
    Can anyone who owns the FW3A in W1 provide their opinions compared with other lights such as the D4?

    How does it stand as far as wow-factor goes? I would imagine the W1 option is a popular choice. Any comments or insight is greatly appreciated! Iím currently sitting on the edge as to whether I should buy now or wait for the next best thing in its form factor.
    Unless there is a new led there wont likely be a next best thing. At least not in terms of performance and price.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  6. #66

    Default Re: Lumintop/TLF/BLF FW3Avn - Most Compact Triple/Quad

    Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    Unless there is a new led there wont likely be a next best thing. At least not in terms of performance and price.
    1 word:

    Sold

  7. #67

    Default Re: Lumintop/TLF/BLF FW3Avn - Most Compact Triple/Quad

    Made my purchase! Added a battery and charger ... eagerly awaiting mega triple w1 performance! Iím excited hehe.

    Thank you all for your shared insight.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •